New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nung varsity ako nung high school and naging national player ako under 17 yrs old nakapaglaro ako sa qatar and we won the championship that time. considering im only 5'3 and 15yrs old.

training namin nun is sa swimming pool maglalakad kami back n forth. Kung kaya mo na maglagay ka nang weights sa ankle at baywang.

Sa exercise nato lalakas leaping ability mo saka body control.

Our coach teach us more on jaworski style of play. U dont need to be tall and leap high kailangan may gulang ka at sobra ka magulang nagturo sa amin nun si D nose.

Kaso di na ako nakapaglaro nung college naka 1yr. lang akokasi lagi na ako bangko kasi nadisgrasya ako sa sobrang yabang at lakas ko tumalon yun sinahod ako kaya ang kanang tuhod may metal plate pa kaya umiiyak ako pagdecember at tag ulan kasi sobra sakit nya. Hindi ko na napaalis yung metal plate kasi nakalaman na.
    Last edited by CLAVEL3699; September 6th, 2006 at 06:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Sori to hear bro CLAVEL3699 yap i agree that wala sa talon na sa diskarte ang paglaro ng basketball. SArap ksi feeling of dunking the ball WHOW i never thougth that improving your vertical leap is hard agree ako kay bossing
    boeing747 bakit karamihan ng matatas tumalaon manipis tuhod? And sori for my ignorance but what is plyometrics? thnx sa inyung lahat

jasprit: nasa genetics yan, tignan mo sila T-Mac, Vince Carter, Lebron James, etc. ang papayat ng binti pero ang lalakas tumalon.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ok naman cguro genetics nyan ni jasprit ang tangkad eh!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, basic physics siguro, if you're lighter, you'll need less energy to propel yourself...

I'm like Barkley at 40, thick muscular legs with 6" vertical bweheheh :D

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jasprit
    And sori for my ignorance but what is plyometrics?
    Plyometrics is a type of exercise that uses explosive movements to develop muscular power. It may be used, for example, to improve the effectiveness of a boxer's punch, or to quicken the throwing ability of a baseball pitcher.

Power is when strength is converted into speed. The ability to convert strength to speed in a short time allows for athletic movements beyond what raw strength will allow. Thus an athlete who has strong legs and can perform the freeweight squat with extremely heavy weights may not be able to jump as high as another athlete who is not as strong but can generate more force in a much shorter amount of time.

Plyometrics allows an athlete to develop more power because of the way muscles work. For a muscle to cause movement, it contracts; this is known as a concentric contraction. There is a maximum amount of power with which a certain muscle can contract. However, if the muscle is lengthened (eccentric contraction) just prior to the contraction, it will actually produce more power. This effect requires that the time between eccentric contraction and concentric contraction is very short. It is theorized this extra power is due to the muscle gaining potential energy much like a stretched rubber band. This energy dissipates rapidly, so the action must be quick. The process is frequently referred to as the "stretch shortening cycle", and is the underlying mechanism of plyometric training.

Most exercises involve a muscular contraction that starts off rapidly, but decelerates suddenly before the end of the repetition. For example, lifting a barbell involves jerking the weight quickly into the air, then bringing this motion to a sudden halt. Plyometric exercises are characterized by the lack of such a decelerative phase. They are open-ended movements into free space. Other animals take advantage of this effect; one is the kangaroo. If a kangaroo needed to use 100% new energy to contract its leg muscles every time it jumped, it would not be able jump very far consistently. However, because of the muscles' ability to store energy from the jump before like a spring, the kangaroo only needs to use a fraction of the total energy in the jump.

Physical educators have long used various plyometric apparatus—including medicine balls, and Indian clubs. One plyometric exercise involves catching and tossing a medicine ball to an assistant while the exerciser lies on his back. The triceps and chest muscles work both while they are lengthening (catch phase) and while contracting (toss phase). The clap press up is another example of a plyometric exercise. Plyometric exercises carry increased risk of injury, and should only be performed by well-conditioned individuals who are under supervision

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys yang panggugulang na yan is no joke. mawalang galang na po, but that is horrible sportsmanship, an extremely poor example for those who watch you play, and VERY dangerous to the guy you're playing.

in the playgrounds where i learned to play kapag nanahod ka wala nang usap-usapan pa...rambol na kaagad yan at siguradong uuwi ka ng duguan :twak: and if the opposing coach instructed his player to do so, he would definitely be banned from the league, have his ass kicked, or both.

i broke my ankle on one of those 'sahod' plays. if i could walk after it happened i definitely would have broken something of the other player if i could. kung nangyari sa akin yung nangyari kay Clavel i probably would have done a lot worse in retaliation afterwards.

sorry for the OT. and ingat lang po tayo on the b-ball courts

ditto commish, very very dangerous.

clavel sorry to hear about that, ouch.

i was never a leaper so kahit sinahod ako eh medyo mababa lang babagsakan ko

Seriously, if you can jump you better know how to land... Samboy Lim, one of the greatest players in the PBA didn't land very well as a result he had virtually had every injury possible from head to foot, one of the more serious injuries was when he was undercut by I think Jojo Lastimosa, he had a severe concussion and a broken shoulder, he almost died on court. Naguusap pa kaya sila ni Jolas?

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    IMO si Jolas ang isa naging mautak na player sa PBA.
    aside sa napangasawa niya ay si Butchik Cysip..hehehe

noon PABL days nito wala rin takot lumipad ito ganon din ng sa Cebu pa madalas mag laro ito ,at saka mejo payat pa sia noon at mukhang adik puro daredevil drives din madalas gawin kasama pa Utol niya (di sumikat...DANNY) Mama's Love owned by Lhuillier...team nila noon
    Pero ng lumipat sa PBA mejo unti unti niya binawasan ang mga delikadong moves .at na develop niya mga perimeter jump niya sa ALASKA..
    kaya hanggat nag retire wala tayo nabalitaan nag karoon sia ng serious injury .sa thigh injury lang sa pagkaalam ko kasi malaki masyado mga hita...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Tips po [to improve leaping ability]