New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano? tipid ng cocolumber? so para tipid e 1/2 lang ang buhusan then ililipat agad sa next 1/2 yung cocolumber? e hindi pa naman pwede alisin agad yung scaffolding sa ilalim nun hindi pa cured yun, mga 1 week pa yun bago fully cured. sigurado ka ba dyan sa contractor/foreman mo?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    wag ka na muna magpa buhos TS unahin mo palitan yung foreman mo. pag pag one day pa lang nalis na yung mga porma gumuho na!

Agree ako sa iba buhusan at tapusin mo nang isang araw.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    O.T. lang sir ano po ba mas cheaper yung slab concrete flooring or kung PRE-FAB nalang ang gagamitin?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    O.T. lang sir ano po ba mas cheaper yung slab concrete flooring or kung PRE-FAB nalang ang gagamitin?
    Prefab kung sakto yung specs sa house niyo. The shortcoming of prefab (i.e. Vazbilt) is that there's a set size/dimension and construction design to follow since it follows mass production. This limits the freedom of you layout and design. I've seen some prefab houses before and they look okay.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When I had our house extension built, 2nd floor concrete slab was poured and finished within one day, I rented a 1 bag mixer, and around 10 guys to haul up the concrete. Work started 7 am, up to around 10 pm, nonstop. Same with our third floor, except that I added 2 more guys to man the block and tackle for winching up the concrete buckets.

If you stop halfway, chances of your roof having a water leak is more likely. Cement will crack on the jointed part. I suggest you do it in one pass. Be prepared to feed them, merienda, lunch, dinner, energy drinks, cold water, etc. Well fed, ang mga construction workers hataw lang ng hataw yan. My concrete slabs are now crack free.

My 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Ok na yung poste then their planning to buhos the beam but d sagad para may maisingit ung mga bar para mabuhusan yung flooring ng 2nd floor, kaso ang sabi nila ay to save mga coco lumber raw ay half now and half the nextday ung buhos ng flooring.. ok lang bayun na ganun procedure? Am just curious kung pano nila buhosan half ng biga? Lalagyan ng harang yung other half ng biga?
    Hampasin mo sa ulo yang foreman mo, di pa cured yan the next day tapos tangalan nya na ng support.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Hampasin mo sa ulo yang foreman mo, di pa cured yan the next day tapos tangalan nya na ng support.
    ^ I think your foreman does not know what he is talking about. Baka nagma-marunong lang yan, mahirap kung gumuho ang slab, back to square one ka nyan. And sayang ang pera on materials.

I left the slabs to cure for 1 week, before we removed the scaffolds. Hindi din namin tinangal lahat, para may support pa rin on the stress and critical areas.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; January 21st, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Good day,

thank you guys for inputs, sorry mali pala ako pagkaintindi sa foreman ko, yung mga biga pala sinasabi niya na 1 side muna then after 2 days tangal na yung box then lipat sa kabilang side na biga naman, then after 2 days ay mag foform naraw sila para sa floor slab na..

another question po is the stability to prevent cracks and leak, kasi sabi niya 1 side nila bubuhusan yung floor slab hangang sa hati ng biga then next day ulit the other side..

ok lang ba yung ganun procedure? or they really need to finish the buhos the entire day?

regarding sa cement mixer, sabi ng foreman ko wag naraw..para makatipid, kaya naman raw ng manual...

worry kolang kung baka magkaproblema ako sa katagalan kung half half yung buhos nila sa floor slab?

more inputs guys..TIA

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Prefab kung sakto yung specs sa house niyo. The shortcoming of prefab (i.e. Vazbilt) is that there's a set size/dimension and construction design to follow since it follows mass production. This limits the freedom of you layout and design. I've seen some prefab houses before and they look okay.
    SALAMAT Sir.....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Nga pala, if you can rent metal scaffolding, it would be a much cheaper (and sturdier) alternative to using cocolumber as concrete support. Not only is cocolumber getting expensive, you also have to buy nails and GI wire to secure them. This adds up to your cost, not to mention A LOT of used cocolumber afterwards.

If you want to rent, I can refer you to the hardware where I bought all my construction materials.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast