New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Dogs. When my brother moved out of the house, he left me his fighting line pitbull. But now I cannot count on my fat lab for security, she is too friendly :bwahaha:
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 8th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^ i'm not sure ma'am if a labrador will pass as a guard dog, but rottweiler, doberman, belgian malinois, and GSD (I had the last two. usually ito yung ginagamit ng canine unit ng AVSEGROUP as sniffing dogs) are guard dogs. they are menacing and highly territorial. in one's home, i prefer, as effective deterrent, guard dogs than cctv (unless it comes with a TOC), but homeowner's association that limits the number of dogs per household.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    ^ i'm not sure ma'am if a labrador will pass as a guard dog, but rottweiler, doberman, belgian malinois, and GSD are guard dogs. they are menacing and highly territorial. in one's home, i prefer, as effective deterrent, guard dogs than cctv (unless it comes with a TOC), but homeowner's association that limits the number of dogs per household.
    Labs definitely cannot be guard dogs. Baka yung lab pa nakawin My brother is also a dog lover so there was a time when he had 2 pitbulls, 2 rotts, 1 boxer and several mongrels

My old pitbull was a killing machine (rat, snake, chicken, cats etc ) but was very loyal and submissive to us. I could even take food out of her mouth. She was our best guard dog.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Make it a habit to check that all doors and windows are locked at night before going to sleep. The dark of night is a most ready camouflage for robbers and other criminals.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My Lola said the inside of the house should be completely dark and the outside should be well lighted. In that way the person inside can clearly see outside, while the person outside can't see what's inside (unless they use flashlights). We don't close our windows at night anymore, just the doors.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What about electrified fence bro? How effective is that? The township where my condo is located is surrounded by

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My Lola said the inside of the house should be completely dark and the outside should be well lighted. In that way the person inside can clearly see outside, while the person outside can't see what's inside (unless they use flashlights). We don't close our windows at night anymore, just the doors.
    I donate perimeter lighting to my adjacent neighbors.... He he he...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    What about electrified fence bro? How effective is that? The township where my condo is located is surrounded by
    A few neighbors have electric fence... Just enough to shock..... No incident so far....

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    the best advice my old man gave me was always make friends with the tambays. they are the best security. he say this people know whos who.

my old mans residence is in new manila. in the 80s or 90s medyo talamak nakawan. tataas ng pader pero nananakawan pa rin. burglary is few and far between now but our house was never a victim. my old man always say yung mga akyat bahay dito dito lang yang mga yan or if its from other place, meron sila kakilala dito na nagmamanman. they know us, they respect me, hindi nila tayo gagalawin. i think he is right or maybe the suhol he is giving is just too good. ano pa man, we never encountered any problem living there. almost all the tambays is a sort of our bodyguard too when we were growing up.

i always take this advice with me where ever i live. when i move to my own place, i make friends with the guards, shuttle drivers, basurero or mga tambay o sunog baga from neighboring places. abot pang yosi or pang inom. even send hampers to some during special occasions. in return me and my family gets a very good treatment and in a way security from them. i know from experience if anyone tried to disrespect me and my family, that person will get some sort of nuisance he/she is not expecting and its very swift.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I plan to put some led lights outside. Cheap fix in my opinion. Just need to research waterproof housing.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Labs definitely cannot be guard dogs. Baka yung lab pa nakawin My brother is also a dog lover so there was a time when he had 2 pitbulls, 2 rotts, 1 boxer and several mongrels

My old pitbull was a killing machine (rat, snake, chicken, cats etc ) but was very loyal and submissive to us. I could even take food out of her mouth. She was our best guard dog.
    Ang most important part if you have dogs.. Kung tumatahol sila Pag may tao... Usually iba ang tone ng bark ng dogs kung pusa Lang or tao... Kahit shitzu pwedeng makatulong sa Pag alert sa Atin...

Inside our home we use shitzu's as a way to alert us...

Dati Outside, may rotweiler kami... It died nga Lang kaya pinalitan ko ng sybierian husky... Hindi pala tumatahol yun.. Kahit may tao...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast