New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    If you and your family are going on a vacation, ask a neighbor to watch your home, or ask a relative to stay in your home while you are away. An empty house is a prime target for criminal elements.
    Also the fact that I cannot bring the pet when the family travels, I always asked a relative or 2 to visit us and stay in the condo to take care of the house and the pet. Of course I have to pay for the round trip airfare and all my relatives are in Cebu.

The last time I dormed my maltese in a pet hotel for a few days, she was so traumatized when we picked her up she did not eat for a couple of days and was so lethargic. My wife feared that she was 'raped' by other dogs as she is still a virgin (spayed on her 5th month). :D

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sorry bros but I look at this differently. It is almost the same as bribing the politicians or the cops (at a smaller scale) or tolerating their bad habits. Pakikisama is one thing but doing this to avoid getting 'harassed' is almost the same as getting bullied. Just my personal opinion.
    i dont think a can of coke and a pack of skyflakes for the basurero will make him lazy. it will energize him.

a pack of cig for the shuttle driver is a 40 pesos more he can bring home to his family.

pandagdag inom or a pulutan to an already drinking tambays will just make them enjoy the drinking session more or will sleep earlier.

a hamper with keso de bola, hamon, and some xmas goodies to the guards to bring home to their families will not make them complacent. thats one less burden for them to think about while working.

a tuition fee for a less fortunate kid will hopefully turn his fortune and be successful in life and pass it forward.

TL ; DR - you give your children enough money to do something but not enough to do nothing. - the descendants.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Keeps porches, yards, and all entrances to your house and garage well lighted. Leave lights on inside your house when you go out for the evening.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    install led flood lights with motion sensors, it could deter intruders somehow. though your dog/cat could trigger it to open suddenly so better keep them off within the sensor's perimeter at night.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    install led flood lights with motion sensors, it could deter intruders somehow. though your dog/cat could trigger it to open suddenly so better keep them off within the sensor's perimeter at night.
    I've got a couple of these installed in strategic areas in our place. However, instead of floodlights,- I wired alarms in each of them....

(Problem is when I turn them on,- the startup/trigger turns on for about 30 seconds....and so, may disturb our neighbors for a while.... )

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

27.1K _/_/_/_/_/:cow:_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sorry bros but I look at this differently. It is almost the same as bribing the politicians or the cops (at a smaller scale) or tolerating their bad habits. Pakikisama is one thing but doing this to avoid getting 'harassed' is almost the same as getting bullied. Just my personal opinion.
    i share the same view..... most of the crimes are done by people who are familiar with you.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Keep a record of the important information (especially make, model number, serial number) of all household facilities and equipment, such as TV, radio, video cassette recorder, refrigerator, VCR, washing machine. Have an inventory of your jewelry and other precious items and documents like birth, baptismal and marriage certificates.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    Have an inventory of your jewelry and other precious items and documents like birth, baptismal and marriage certificates.
    Much better if you can keep important documents and jewelry in SDB.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 10th, 2015 at 09:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Teach your children not to talk to strangers or accept anything from strangers, especially in school. Should they be approached, tell them to report the incident to school authorities.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Dogs. When my brother moved out of the house, he left me his fighting line pitbull. But now I cannot count on my fat lab for security, she is too friendly :bwahaha:
    My cousin has an adult full sized golden retriever, malakas tumahol pero wala pa rin sya tiwala kasi baka sumama pa sa magnanakaw. Kasi lahat kilala basta hinipo siya

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast