New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by screws View Post
    the best advice my old man gave me was always make friends with the tambays. they are the best security. he say this people know whos who.

my old mans residence is in new manila. in the 80s or 90s medyo talamak nakawan. tataas ng pader pero nananakawan pa rin. burglary is few and far between now but our house was never a victim. my old man always say yung mga akyat bahay dito dito lang yang mga yan or if its from other place, meron sila kakilala dito na nagmamanman. they know us, they respect me, hindi nila tayo gagalawin. i think he is right or maybe the suhol he is giving is just too good. ano pa man, we never encountered any problem living there. almost all the tambays is a sort of our bodyguard too when we were growing up.

i always take this advice with me where ever i live. when i move to my own place, i make friends with the guards, shuttle drivers, basurero or mga tambay o sunog baga from neighboring places. abot pang yosi or pang inom. even send hampers to some during special occasions
    the locals identify with you or respect you because you are good to them or you understand their plight. the tendency is, they look after your welfare because this is the only way they can repay your kindness. parang robinhood effect yan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Provide family members with their own keys to the house. This is safer than leaving the key in a “secret” place, one that can be discovered by any person who takes the time to watch your movements when you leave your home and come back at night.(pnp-ncrpo)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Ang most important part if you have dogs.. Kung tumatahol sila Pag may tao...
    Exactly. My yappy dog was a dachshund that's why my friends called her our doorbell. Hehe. Yung lab ko aesthetic lang talaga bec she only barks when she is hungry or wants to go outside :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Exactly. My yappy dog was a dachshund that's why my friends called her our doorbell. Hehe. Yung lab ko aesthetic lang talaga bec she only barks when she is hungry or wants to go outside :bwahaha:
    Useless talaga labrador. Yung akin ako ang kinakahulan kasi naeexcite makita ako. Pag ibang tao deadma. Haha. But yes, aesthetics din since black sya, natatakot ang mga di marunong tumingin

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    the locals identify with you or respect you because you are good to them or you understand their plight. the tendency is, they look after your welfare because this is the only way they can repay your kindness. parang robinhood effect yan.
    Sorry bros but I look at this differently. It is almost the same as bribing the politicians or the cops (at a smaller scale) or tolerating their bad habits. Pakikisama is one thing but doing this to avoid getting 'harassed' is almost the same as getting bullied. Just my personal opinion.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sorry bros but I look at this differently. It is almost the same as bribing the politicians or the cops (at a smaller scale) or tolerating their bad habits. Pakikisama is one thing but doing this to avoid getting 'harassed' is almost the same as getting bullied. Just my personal opinion.
    no problem bro but my idea is like, you're the godfather in the place-- they turn to you for help, they look up to you as somebody, not that you give them something to buy peace, which some people do with some bad eggs within the force.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    no problem bro but my idea is like, you're the godfather in the place-- they turn to you for help, they look up to you as somebody, not that you give them something to buy peace, which some people do with some bad eggs within the force.
    And it's people that have less that give back more - like loyalty and malasakit.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I can really relate to your idea. Ang problema sa ganyan, maging abusado sila

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    And it's people that have less that give back more - like loyalty and malasakit.
    they knocked on your door and asked you to go after the person who raped and slashed the neck of their 8-year old daughter, and you delivered, you have every right to expect no less than loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    I can really relate to your idea. Ang problema sa ganyan, maging abusado sila
    i agree that's the problem (but some people carry a big stick and speak softly).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    If you and your family are going on a vacation, ask a neighbor to watch your home, or ask a relative to stay in your home while you are away. An empty house is a prime target for criminal elements.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast