Oct 2002
    On a related note:

US Embassy security chief’s house robbed | Inquirer News

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a related note:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/711095/us-embassy-security-chiefs-house-robbed

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^that's the thing. even people who have security background are not spared. vigilance is the key.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, we really need to be conscious on security, even at home.
    yesterday, pumasok yung bago naming kasambahay....
    right there and there, may kumatok na dalawang binatilyo, nakikiinom ng tubig.
    eh normally naman, walang ganun....

told the maid, baka naniniktik na yan.... never talk or entertain strangers. maski papareceive pa yan ng sulat or something, hayaan mong ibato sa loob ng bakuran.... bakit kailangan i receive?
    and to think of it, we are inside a village....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^these things should be brought to the attention of the SG supervisors. kailangan maging proactive.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your kasambahay has access to the main house keys, it's good to have your locks replaced when they leave. That's why my entrance locks always have a padlock which can be replaced easily.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Install cctv camera and in parallel to that some hidden cameras just in case the main camera gets compromised. Always have a backup and fallback plan. First aid equipt, fire extinguishers should be installed in a conspicuous place. Hire your own security if you dont own one.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    cctv is good only after the fact, unless you have a TOC. a combination of rottweiler and mp5 or m4 or ar15 is hard to beat.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yes i know its inadmissible in evidence but cctv's are there to deter criminals. Maybe put some markings in your establishment like "cctv protected area" then who knows the judge might admit the material evidence since the criminal "have been informed" prior to committing the crime.Safety Tips (security is everyone's concern. if you know of any safety tip that could

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    what i'm trying to say when i said "cctv is good only after the fact, unless you have a TOC" is that, generally, the moment you take a look at the cctv footage to know what happened, the crime was already consummated and the criminal was no longer there unless you have a tactical operation center where you have people manning the cctv monitor around the clock, much like that of a department store or supermarket.
    though cctv helps in the investigation of an unsolved crime and its eventual prosecution, standing alone it can never deter a criminal from doing his thing.
    of course, cctv footage is admissible in evidence because it is not covered by RA 4200 as the latter applies only to recording of a private communication or of a spoken word.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Do a background check of anyone you intend to employ i.e. baby-sitter, gardener, domestic helper, driver or security guard. It is possible that the kidnappers or kawatan would be utilizing such persons to infiltrate your residence to acquire vital information on household valuable, routines, layout and patterns.(courtesy from PNP - NCRPO )

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast