New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    san weekend market ka pumupunta ma'am? kasi we used to sell at San Lo Sunday Market
    Salcedo and Legazpi. What did you sell sa Legazpi? I have family and friends that sell there too! Small world talaga.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    S&R. Iba talaga meats nila walang amoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Likewise, never go to the grocery on an empty stomach. You'll end up with a lot of impulse purchases.

Landmark is pretty balanced for price and choices. Meats are okay too.

When i was a kid, we would usually go to the old Shoppersville, Cherry (Shaw), and Unimart.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    We do our grocery at Landmark in Makati because it's convenient, cheap and they have a lot of hard to find items too. I also love that it's linked to the basement already. Parking at The Link is a pain kasi!

We also go to Rustan's in Rockwell, this is where we used to do our grocery before I found out that Landmark is much cheaper. We also go to Cash and Carry when we're in the area. My Mom loves Cash and Carry for some reason (nostalgia siguro) and she still insists that it's cheaper than Landmark. Maybe for some items but generally cheaper at Landmark pa rin. I go to SM on rare occassions because I really avoid going to SM Supermarket or SM Malls (in protest of their bad business ethics). It's too bad lang that Ace is under SM because I really like going Ace. S&R only for items that are not available in other supermarkets.

I enjoy grocery shopping talaga so when we go to a mall with a grocery, I check it out talaga and always end up buying something

The worst grocery I have been to is Pure Gold along Sucat (near Lopez Gate in BF) I went to my friend ata and passed by Pure Gold so I decided to check it out. For some reason I started feeling sick dizzy and nauseous while doing my grocery. When I got home I told my then BF about it and he said it's the ventilation at Pure Gold. Para lang daw masabi na may aircon but the cooling is not enough daw that's why I felt sick. I don't know if that is true.

I grew up doing at our grocery at South Supermarket (Magallanes) and Makati Supermart (Makati), both of which have been demolished na
    wahahahahaha! enjoy ka? ako bored ako..... but we have to do it otherwise, wala kaming supplies.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Salcedo and Legazpi. What did you sell sa Legazpi? I have family and friends that sell there too! Small world talaga.
    sandwiches and pasta si chef wife and gumagawa
    teka i know the riveras, and the guy who sells the flavored suman, forgot his name, and also joey and his wife forgot their lastname hehehe kalimutin na ako

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i hate grocery shopping

i just buy what my immediate need is at the time and leave the store

di ko gets baket hoarder mga babae

parang naghahanda sa end of the world

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    wahahahahaha! enjoy ka? ako bored ako..... but we have to do it otherwise, wala kaming supplies.
    Yeah. I think it's a family thing. My Dad enjoys going to the grocery too. During the time when there were no cellphones yet, pag nawawala Daddy ko sa grocery namin hinahanap

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    sandwiches and pasta si chef wife and gumagawa
    teka i know the riveras, and the guy who sells the flavored suman, forgot his name, and also joey and his wife forgot their lastname hehehe kalimutin na ako
    Budbod Kabog guy? I think his name is Carl. They used to own Whistlestop diba? I go to legazpi for the fish and seafood. Pag closing na para I can make tawad

Good thing you were able to get a pwesto at the Market. My Uncle says there's politics there too, ang hirap makapasok (especially at Salcedo)
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 24th, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Cathy mag thank you ka kay 1D4LV

gumawa siya ng thread na gustong gusto mo

hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i hate grocery shopping

i just buy what my immediate need is at the time and leave the store

di ko gets baket hoarder mga babae

parang naghahanda sa end of the world
    May mga lalaki din na hoarder. Dad ko stocks up food na parang end of the world. Nung kumpleto pa kami sa Manila we used to have 1 upright freezer for meats only and 4 refrigerators.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast