New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Since may mall thread na, just curious. San kayo nag grogrocery?

Since we are from the south, we have tried:

South Supermarket Alabang
    SM Hypermarket Las Pinas
    SM Hypermarket Festival Mall
    Shopwise Festival Mall
    Makati Supermarket
    Metro Grocery ATC

The cheapest price we can attest is Metro. Normally, we spend around 3.5k/week for groceries. Dito mga nasa 2.8k/week lang... Same quantity ng groceries.

Best meat is sa Makati Supermarket.
    Easiest parking is sa South Supermarket.

Do you guys separate wet stuff (meat, fish) sa palengke o sa grocery nyo na din binibili?
    Since pareho tayong area bro,- let me comment on your list, based on my limited personal experiences with them:

South Supermarket Alabang (new location) - we used to buy our groceries here,- like 4-5 years ago... I like their (covered) parking-no parking fee, and the scheme that you can bring your grocery cart near your vehicle and transfer your grocery items. Meat and fish - not really fresh. But wife and myself were discussing that the mix of grocery and restaurants is a sure winner.

SM Hypermarket Las Pinas - we have been buying our groceries here since it was established,- until recently. That is why double prestige card holder. Very near our place,- like 10-minute drive. Covered parking and no fee. You can bring the grocery cart near your vehicle. I always bring a big cooler box for our meat and fish buys (guard and cashiers love me for doing that). Wifey knows the sellers in the fish and meat area so she gets what she wants. Downside is they open at 10AM and aircon is not on or has not properly cooled down the place so it may be hot and humid for a while. Also, when the place fills up with people,- it becomes hot.

SM Hypermarket Festival Mall - bought there occasionally for some last minute purchases. Covered parking din.

Shopwise Festival Mall - we are still holder of the "silver elite card" or something even if we have not purchased our groceries there for many years already. I love their promos specially on spirits,- pero, someone has to be with you to transfer your groceries to your vehicle. Meat and fish are okay. I personally do not like that. Covered parking.

Makati Supermarket - we tried this for a while. The prices are cost-effective, but for some reason, it has not sink well with wifey and myself... Fish is so-so..

Metro Grocery ATC - this is our latest craze... They open at 8:30AM and this is just about right for our desired schedule during the weekend. Wifey likes the meat and the fish... Covered parking - no fee. Downside is that they lack some of the items we buy,- like large size Joy, large size Del Monte Catsup (original blend), 1.5L Regular Coke, pineapple juice (blue - they have red only- more expensive), soya milk, - I've written this concern to their management, but only the coke has been corrected. Not crowded. Cool aircon...
    Lahat iyan,- bawal ang plastic bag, dahil Muntinlupa, Las Pinas....

Kung gusto mo ng plastic bag,- doon ka sa SM Sucat (C5 Ext),- iyon nga lang, parang napakagulo ng supermarket na iyon... We bought our groceries there a few time only in the past...

Occasionally, we buy fish, shrimp, crabet al sa Public Market...
    And, mussels and oysters sa Sineguelasan....

19.7K:boxing1:
    Last edited by CVT; June 24th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Wow really so he's the one who invited you pala. Sarap siguro ng sandwiches ng wife mo Yes pati weekend market may politics na We also used to go to the weekend market at Magallanes way back in the 90s sa parking lot din but they mostly sell organic items.

Maganda din yung weekend Market sa Centris/Eton
    pero we didnt make it to salcedo market, nasa short list na kami and i told my wife na not to follow-up kasi pag gusto nila sila tatawag, nayayabangan din kasi ako dun sa kausap namin
    modestly aside masarap talaga sandwiches niya and pasta especially the all vegie sandwich yan yun top seller namin
    we even tried to join the Mercato at BGC, pumasa naman yun products namin kaso parang tinamad na ako

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    South Supermarket Malolos (near CEU)
    Puregold Malolos
    Robinson's supermarket sa walter mart plaridel.

and occasionally, sa pamilihang bayan ng malolos .

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    pero we didnt make it to salcedo market, nasa short list na kami and i told my wife na not to follow-up kasi pag gusto nila sila tatawag, nayayabangan din kasi ako dun sa kausap namin
    modestly aside masarap talaga sandwiches niya and pasta especially the all vegie sandwich yan yun top seller namin
    we even tried to join the Mercato at BGC, pumasa naman yun products namin kaso parang tinamad na ako
    Bigla akong nagutom diyan, bro...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sa ibang supermarket, may bayad ang plastic bag?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bigla akong nagutom diyan, bro...

hahaha order ka minsan sa amin sir, she still takes orders
    you should try her binagoongan baboy pasta.
    d pa rin nya maiwan ang cooking may passion pa rin siya despite mas nag concentrate kami sa band

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Was this when Salcedo was just starting out? I think quite a number of sellers left na rin (or got kicked out) kasi the organizers are different na from those that pioneered Salcedo Market. Sayang naman I was not able to try your wife's sandwich and pasta. I'm sure it's good for someone like Carl, who is into the food business, to like it so much. Does she still sell some place else?

I don't like Mercato too much. I went there for curiosity but the products are not as Artisanal as those found at Salcedo and Legazpi.

Sir, buti hindi ka tumataba. Ang hirap ng may kasama sa bahay na masarap magluto
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 24th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Likewise, never go to the grocery on an empty stomach. You'll end up with a lot of impulse purchases.
    haha! ganito ako. pansin ko pag gutom ako nag grocery, mas marami yung mga nakukuha ko. parang ang dami kong kine-crave na food. pero pag busog ako, hindi ko feel kumuha ng mga hindi ko naman kelangan.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Was this when Salcedo was just starting out? I think quite a number of sellers left na rin (or got kicked out) kasi the organizers are different na from those that pioneered Salcedo Market. Sayang naman I was not able to try your wife's sandwich and pasta. I'm sure it's good for someone like Carl, who is into the food business, to like it so much. Does she still sell some place else?

I don't like Mercato too much. I went there for curiosity but the products are not as Artisanal as those found at Salcedo and Legazpi.

Sir, buti hindi ka tumataba. Ang hirap ng may kasama sa bahay na masarap magluto
    dont know if it was the original salcedo market mga year 2006 or 07
    wala na kami pwesto, last was at SM Pasig weekend bazaar, pero she still takes order pag meron
    we shifted from food to music, may band kami na sings at weddings hahaha nag plug na ako sorry mods
    hahaha nag ka hypertension

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hahaha order ka minsan sa amin sir, she still takes orders
    you should try her binagoongan baboy pasta.
    d pa rin nya maiwan ang cooking may passion pa rin siya despite mas nag concentrate kami sa band
    Sige bro.,- pagbalik ni wifey from business trip,- sabihan ko siya...

Pero, bawal sa akin bagoong at baboy >>> hypertensive... Pasta and veggie sandwich,- we love it! hahaha!

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast