New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    how to maintain pond water clear? last week ni-ready ko na ung pond by putting water on it, and ilang days palang ang dumi na, ang dark ng color at parang me konting greenish ung ibang part, ano dapat kong gawin? pond namin may falls din, sa ngayn d ko pa binubuksan ung pump kc wala pa ung isda, dahil kaya d2 un kaya umitin ung tubig? give some advice on proper care at maintenance ng pond. tnx.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    as much as possible dapat naka-on lagi pump mo, the water needs to be disturbed/moved all the time. pag may fish na dapat on na 24/7. unless super laki ng pond mo then pwede walang pump or aeration.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Line it with a lot of charcoal blocks (not chips)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ha!? kelangan lagi nakabukas ung pump? ung pump ko e para lng umakyat ung 2big sa top of the falls, d ko alam kung para san pa kundi un lng, o baka filter din pang linis, possible b un? ano ung aeration?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Lagyan mo ng Janitor fish.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Mam (or sir ) kabit mo ng filter yung pump ng falls mo.

Meron me 2: 1 from bioresearch and 1 homemade copy.

Mga every week na lang linis & change water nyan, kahit may fish. Mga 25% change. Pero kahit 2 weeks, medyo clear pa naman water... OC lang kasi me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the greenish color is plankton. It requires several things to grow: organic matter, photosynthesis, and oxygen. Since its a fishpond, then it will be under the sun, so you have no choice with photosynthesis. Oxygen, no choice, as your fish needs it also. Organic matter, it is normal, especially when you put in fish and you feed them, and they make pupu.

Options to control the bloom:

good filter system that includes filter brush to remove the big particles, filter mat to remove the fine particles, gravel to provide some filtration and biological action, and for more sophisticated filters, uv filter setup. Preferably the pump is on all the time. But in my case, I switch it off 2 times a day to save on electricity, assuming that you don't have too much fish that will cause them to surface if you don't run the pump. There are some aquatic probiotics that will also help eat the organic matter, one of the things that builds up through the nitrogen cycle and causes the plankton bloom. The use of shade, such as those orchids black net is also helpful. Or provide direct cover during direct sunlight and remove them during that time of the day when the sun is on the other side.

Do not overfeed (but in your case, wala pa nga isda, may green color na).

Take note that even the slightest organic matter will be enough to create that plankton bloom especially with us being a tropical country and the lovely sun beating down on us.

By the way, janitor fish or scientifically names plecostemus, which is the fish now the infestation of laguna de bay, eats selected waste only and does not help in preventing bloom.

When your water has developed bloom, best way is to replace all the water. Yes, all of it. Changing part of the water keeps some of the plankton in your system, and acts as seedstuff for more plankton development.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    the greenish color is plankton. It requires several things to grow: organic matter, photosynthesis, and oxygen. Since its a fishpond, then it will be under the sun, so you have no choice with photosynthesis. Oxygen, no choice, as your fish needs it also. Organic matter, it is normal, especially when you put in fish and you feed them, and they make pupu.

Options to control the bloom:

good filter system that includes filter brush to remove the big particles, filter mat to remove the fine particles, gravel to provide some filtration and biological action, and for more sophisticated filters, uv filter setup. Preferably the pump is on all the time. But in my case, I switch it off 2 times a day to save on electricity, assuming that you don't have too much fish that will cause them to surface if you don't run the pump. There are some aquatic probiotics that will also help eat the organic matter, one of the things that builds up through the nitrogen cycle and causes the plankton bloom. The use of shade, such as those orchids black net is also helpful. Or provide direct cover during direct sunlight and remove them during that time of the day when the sun is on the other side.

Do not overfeed (but in your case, wala pa nga isda, may green color na).

Take note that even the slightest organic matter will be enough to create that plankton bloom especially with us being a tropical country and the lovely sun beating down on us.

By the way, janitor fish or scientifically names plecostemus, which is the fish now the infestation of laguna de bay, eats selected waste only and does not help in preventing bloom.

When your water has developed bloom, best way is to replace all the water. Yes, all of it. Changing part of the water keeps some of the plankton in your system, and acts as seedstuff for more plankton development.

wow, di nakaya ng virgin mind ko.. hehe..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dxx_ddf View Post
    wow, di nakaya ng virgin mind ko.. hehe..
    Virgin ka pala kakosa? :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good advice, altec!

My uncle has his ponds scrubbed out regularly to prevent bloom. He also has a home-made multi-step filtration system that works wonders on water quality.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
pond problem