New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    We really are living in a topsy-turvy world.

This Cosme typhoon is indeed strange as it has formed
    west of the country (South China Sea), and the path
    upward is likewise weird.

There used to be an order to these things. Storms would
    normally be formed in the Pacific Ocean and glide gently
    toward the country. It either crosses or moves slowly
    northward depending on high or low pressure in the northern
    latitudes.

It really is getting quite scary. Probably due to global warming and
    all kinds of s--t we humans spew into the atmosphere, storms
    are becoming stronger and very unpredictable.

So hold on folks! From now on its gonna be a wild rollercoaster
    ride as far as world weather is concerned!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    We really are living in a topsy-turvy world.

This Cosme typhoon is indeed strange as it has formed
    west of the country (South China Sea), and the path
    upward is likewise weird.

There used to be an order to these things. Storms would
    normally be formed in the Pacific Ocean and glide gently
    toward the country. It either crosses or moves slowly
    northward depending on high or low pressure in the northern
    latitudes.

It really is getting quite scary. Probably due to global warming and
    all kinds of s--t we humans spew into the atmosphere, storms
    are becoming stronger and very unpredictable.

So hold on folks! From now on its gonna be a wild rollercoaster
    ride as far as world weather is concerned!
    Cosme is just being pulled up by the previous typhoon 'Butchoy' and another Low Pressure Area Northeast of Luzon. Hwag kang masyadong matakot. It's not the first time this happened.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cosme is by far the strongest typhoon i've experience here in Pangasinan. It was said to have 185kph when it hit us last night, as some pics would show

and it's been 40 hours that we don't have utility power.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    matindi nga dumaan ang buntot nyan sa Ortigas. sobrang lakas daw sabi ng mga gwardiya namin

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Cosme is just being pulled up by the previous typhoon 'Butchoy' and another Low Pressure Area Northeast of Luzon. Hwag kang masyadong matakot. It's not the first time this happened.
    can't remember if it was last Wed or thursday, I received a text message na lilindol daw sa gabi according to hawaian geological survey dito sa'tin. since it's all in the news, what happened to China recently, tapos may nagkalat na naman ng spam text na ganito

gulat na lang ako sobrang luwag ng kalsada ng gabing yun as in sobra luwag.

madami takot sa'tin and i'm sure a lot are now being aware of the things to come.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here in Urdaneta, power came back last night at around 9 p.m.

I spent most of the day clearing the dbris from our backyard. There were a lot of fallen banana plants, papaya trees, and even two large old acacia trees in our lot that succumbed to the might of Cosme. Grab,e kailangan ko pa ngayon manghiram ng chainsaw para ma-clear yung mga natumba na acacia.

Part of our garage roof also got blown off.

Still, many thanks to Jun for giving us advance warning regarding this typhoon. It enabled me to take better precautions against it, and I really heeded your "spider sense" regarding the matter.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Here in Urdaneta, power came back last night at around 9 p.m.

I spent most of the day clearing the dbris from our backyard. There were a lot of fallen banana plants, papaya trees, and even two large old acacia trees in our lot that succumbed to the might of Cosme. Grab,e kailangan ko pa ngayon manghiram ng chainsaw para ma-clear yung mga natumba na acacia.

Part of our garage roof also got blown off.

Still, many thanks to Jun for giving us advance warning regarding this typhoon. It enabled me to take better precautions against it, and I really heeded your "spider sense" regarding the matter.
    It's a good idea to check often the PAGASA web site especially during the monsoon/typhoon season. They're the experts for that part of the world. I'm sure they've been watching that system a lot longer than I have. I just happened to watch the area over there because there's nothing going on where I am. Sunny. Sunny. More sunny Still, it's good to see you guys are safe.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    May bagyo na naman a...
    Storm 'Frank' intensifies, signal up over Samar

[SIZE=2]Tropical storm Frank (international codename Fengshen) has intensified further and is now threatening Samar provinces and areas nearby, weather bureau PAGASA said Friday. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As of 4 a.m., Frank was moving west northwest at 15 kilometers per hour, with maximum sustained winds of 110 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 140 kph. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Public storm warning signal No. 3 has been hoisted over Samar provinces while signal No. 2 was raised over Catanduanes, Sorsogon, Leyte provinces, Biliran Island, Dinagat Island and Siargao Island. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Signal No. 1, meanwhile, is now in effect over Camarines Sur, Albay, Burias Island, Masbate, Ticao Island, northern Cebu, Bohol, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte and Camiguin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]PAGASA said the storm is expected to enhance the southwest monsoon and bring rains over the rest of Mindanao and Visayas and Southern Luzon. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The weather bureau advised residents living in low lying areas and near mountain slopes to take all the necessary precautions against possible flashfloods and landslides. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Likewise, those living in coastal areas under signal 2 and 3 are alerted against big waves or storm surges generated by this tropical cyclone, it added. [/SIZE]
    Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com
    Jun 20, 2008

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^saan ba forecast path ni "Frank"?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^^^saan ba forecast path ni "Frank"?
    Dito mo makikita yung forecast: www.typhoon2000.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Philippine Weather This Weekend---Heads Up