New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've been looking at some forecast charts and it looks like a tropical storm/typhoon may be brewing west of Luzon by this weekend. All those along the west coast, take cover or at least, take your umbrella.

Water Vapor imagery from the Joint Typhoon Warning Center

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the warning, sir.

Naka-schedule pa naman kami mag-overnight sa Baguio sa darating na Sabado

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron ngang Active Low Pressure Area near the coast of Zambales.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Meron ngang Active Low Pressure Area near the coast of Zambales.
    There's not much dynamics high up in the atmosphere to the north. This will allow more heating (relatively speaking) of the waters up north, making it favorable for that Low to develop. At this early stage, there are already 12ft+ waves off northern Luzon and 35 knot winds expected later today. That's a sign that the Low is developing. That plus the dropping station pressure. That water vapor imagery earlier showed increasing moisture already over southern Luzon and the Visayas and is responsible for the increased thunderstorms/downpours. As that low starts tracking north towards warmer waters, so will all that moisture. The southwesterly wind direction means bad news for the western slopes of mountainous terrain over Luzon. At least from my experiences forecasting elsewhere, those areas tend to be drenched the most with the possibility of dangerous mudslides either washing roads or villages away. Remember that mudslide in Leyte not too long ago?

I think this is a NOAA Polar Orbiter visual shot.
    Notice the majority of the activity along western coastlines....

Add: It's probably nothing. Maybe I'm just over-reacting over nothing. But, my spidey sense is tingling. Something about this set up is freaking me out.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 14th, 2008 at 10:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sana naman wag na matuloy to, just like mikey177 paakyat din kami sa Baguio ng family ko this Saturday.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    According to PAGASA, there's no advisories yet for north of Manila except at the northeast coast over Quezon province (from that other Low). But, it's a good idea to tune in to their web site regularly.

http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 15th, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I usually check out accuweather.com most of the time talagang accurate forecast nila..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for the advice bro..... I'll forward this to my wife who's spending the weekend in Corregidor Is. with the people in her department....

6000:mobile:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    I usually check out accuweather.com most of the time talagang accurate forecast nila..
    I rather go direct to the source for Philippine weather..... PAGASA. I'm certain Accuweather base their Philippine stuff off whatever forecasts and observations come out of Philippine weather stations.

I might have a question about the "Cosme" bulletin from PAGASA. It says "Cosme" continue to remain almost stationary with a movement north at 7 kph. If it was me, I'd reword "Cosme" as slow-moving rather than almost stationary. That's just me though. It's a matter of word preference.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 16th, 2008 at 05:51 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Signal number 3 is presently up over Pangasinan. Malakas at malamig ang hangin dito sa amin, buti na lang konti ang ulan. Mamayang 3 p.m. pa kami aakyat ng Baguio --if I could postpone our trip I would, but unfortunately I cannot, so I just pray that we will be safe during our journey and overnight stay.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Philippine Weather This Weekend---Heads Up