New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Same justification as taxi's, not a lot of people can afford them (not even I, I take the bus to work, 10 petot lang hehe) but it's not like that's the only way to get from north to south.
    ang sa akin lang ha...the MRT is meant to be a mass transport system. if you price it out of reach of the masses, self defeating eh. what's more, it may no longer justify occupying 2-3 lanes of EDSA since mababa ridership.

siguro pag isipan lang nila ng mabuti ung price increase; i.e. if fare is increased by X%, we predict ridership to go down by Y%.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mass transit caters not only to the masses but also to reduce the number of private vehicles in main thoroughfares that's what they're for. That's why in modern cities, there are park lots in major stations so that cars that are coming from suburbs can park their cars and take the train/rail instead to and from congested cities.

Kung pang masa lang paguusapan, subsidize nalang lahat ng transpo para libre... Dun lang naman sasaya ang mga tao without thinking where the money will come from to provide for that service.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the MASS in MASS Transit systems means MANY, not MASA ;)
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ganun pala kalaki ang subsidy sa MRT? while subsidy is good there is a dark side to the benefit we enjoy when we do not see the true cost of service. We get too dependent on aid and subsidy and become arrogantly allergic to any price increase. Kung pwede nga lang ibigay nalang libre, bahala na kung malugi negosyo.

Another personal observation. Kaya naman hindi tayo attractive sa investments kasi once nagsimulang kumita ang investors, ayan na, meron ng nag-rarally, hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Kung pang masa lang paguusapan, subsidize nalang lahat ng transpo para libre... Dun lang naman sasaya ang mga tao without thinking where the money will come from to provide for that service.
    tigas talaga ng kapitalistang ito! hehehehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Orly: :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hindi din naman efficient sa haba ng pila, dapat i-add ito sa traveling time lalo na dun sa mga major stations like Cubao, Ayala, Magallanes kung 20 minutes kang pipila from Ayala tapos 10-15 minutes to travel to Ortigas. ganun din coz of the volume of people. tapos laki pa chances hindi mo ma-hit station mo coz yun mga walang pinag-aaralan nasa pinto na ayaw mag-budge.

it's close to chaos na yan MRT during rush hours.

my mrs. had to pretend she's pregnant just to get off the shaw station.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bwiset din yung nagaannounce sa PA system, di maintindihan yung salita...

At as usual, di marunong pumila mga tao.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    well said chris...

ok lang gumastos mag forward ng useless text worth 20 bucks a day pero sa transpo ayaw hehe.
    tama ka diyan! Alien? Alien!

I see 35 as not being too high for people to pay. Consider that the MRT costs justas much as the bus from point to point... when it should cost more, being much faster.

72 is just suicide. Of course, they'd save on maintenance because the trains won't be overloaded all the time. :lol:

Subsidized public transport? I'd rather see them put all the damn buses on EDSA under one franchise. Period.

My favorite bus line going back and forth to Manila from Laguna is De La Rosa. Why? Because they're a relatively big franchise, and they run their buses on a tight schedule. Drivers are not encouraged to squat in place for half an hour, like other buses do, because there's always another bus behind them that will lose out on passengers if they do. The service is quick and efficient, and at least thirty minutes per trip faster than their closest competitor. And they don't lose money, because they time their runs to meet the demands of the passengers.

A single franchise on EDSA, or a centralized conglomerate would mean:
    -less buses during off-peak hours.
    -no lane-squatting, no jockeying for position and swerving.
    -more efficient service, less wasted money on diesel and maintenance.
    -less buses, period. The work of twenty buses now plying EDSA could easily be performed by ten buses running on a good schedule.

If other countries can do it, why can't we? We depend more on buses than most! Puwede naman sigurong ibigay yung franchise, tapos centralized yung accounting, at may subsidy para sa mga buses running off-peak trips (only IF they lose money that way).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can't imagine how chaotic the Tay-tay to Quiapo route will be if more than GLiner and RCGG ang bumabyahe dun sa route na yun...

Ang layo ng buses nila compared to junk EDSA busses...

Dapat talaga malimit ang franchises.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
P72 MRT fare hike being considered