New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Easy to say if someone has a fat salary check but in reality majority of Pinoy will not afford that rate.
    So you'd say that you'd rather see the whole investment crumble in 5 years time due to lack of income just so that "everyone" can use it?

It'll end up like the Philippine railways...

30kph lang takbo coz they have to give way to the people who lives along the track...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Personally from end to end I would pay no more than 50 pesos for the MRT if their ticketing system would improve (lesser queues) and if the trains and stations themselves wouldnt be too crowded.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    So you'd say that you'd rather see the whole investment crumble in 5 years time due to lack of income just so that "everyone" can use it?

It'll end up like the Philippine railways...

30kph lang takbo coz they have to give way to the people who lives along the track...
    I'm not against raising it bro but Php72 is a hefty amount of money! What I mean is give the MRT users a fair amount of fare increase. (rhyme ba? :D)

I have to agree with theveed, they should have charged a higher rate than P15 initially, modernization comes at a cost. True the average Juan cannot afford this but there are cheaper alternatives like buses.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same justification as taxi's, not a lot of people can afford them (not even I, I take the bus to work, 10 petot lang hehe) but it's not like that's the only way to get from north to south.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Or should i say, i would be willing to pay 50 pesos...

On a side note, mahirap na baguhin ugali ng pinoy. feeling mahihirap... pero ang gagastos sa mga ibang bagay...

Sadly the fate of the mrt would soon be like the lrt. Di tulad ng sa ibang bansa (esp. in Europe), medyo mahal nga binabayad mo pero maganda quality ng services.

We get what we pay for.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    OT- Yan ang theveed,- may political will! Sadly,wala tayo niyan sa gobyerno. Tell us if you're running for public office,- ipangangampanya ka namin! We need guys like him to run this country.

Pero, seriously, the LRT/MRT is one of the better things that happened in our public transport scenario. The government should have forged a balance at the onset such that projects are not overcommitted, and more importantly, will not fail. Worst of all, we, taxpayers(again!) are shouldering such shortsighted and shady decisions.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well said chris...

ok lang gumastos mag forward ng useless text worth 20 bucks a day pero sa transpo ayaw hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I also agree with theveed.

Regarding taxis, pansinin nyo kung gaano kadami kaya mag afford sa taxi, kala ko ba tipid mga tao dito satin?

I myself rarely ride taxis, in fact in the last 3 years I've only taken a taxi about 2-3 times. I'd rather take the jeep or bus or walk, because its more practical and I can save money for other expenses. (Of course now I drive my own car to work but mainly because I work during the night shift).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT
    OT- Yan ang theveed,- may political will! Sadly,wala tayo niyan sa gobyerno. Tell us if you're running for public office,- ipangangampanya ka namin! We need guys like him to run this country.

Pero, seriously, the LRT/MRT is one of the better things that happened in our public transport scenario. The government should have forged a balance at the onset such that projects are not overcommitted, and more importantly, will not fail. Worst of all, we, taxpayers(again!) are shouldering such shortsighted and shady decisions.

hahaha, lalong babagsak ang pinas, dahil alien ako... :P

nasasayangan lang ako sa mga kalokohan ng policies and the pro-poor (na hindi naman talaga) tactics ng gov't... downward spiral eh.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
P72 MRT fare hike being considered