New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc
    ...and for those who cheated, say 10 our father, 10 hail mary and glory be, then check if God forgave you=)
    he he he, good one Doc.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The big earning potential of working as a nurse abroad has turned nursing students and their parents into monsters. (not all ok? pero marami)

U can see the desperation... the "i-will-do-everything-i-can-to-pass" and the "don't-stand-in-the-way-of-my-future-or-i-will-kill-u" mentality of many students and their parents.

I see that same desperation in people who surprisingly produce tens or hundreds of thousands of pesos just to pay a recruiter to get them jobs abroad...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05
    something ive been thinking about: SLU scored high in the last exams. E di ba sabi daw the leakage came from a Baguio branch of a certain review center?
    If you take the time to look into it, you'll see that there's nothing unusual about SLU's exam performance. What's unusual, if what you're implying is true, is the fact that graduates from SLU - even the Dean - are among those protesting about the alleged leakage.

I just wish the PRC should've postponed the results until the investigation is over.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    If you take the time to look into it, you'll see that there's nothing unusual about SLU's exam performance. What's unusual, if what you're implying is true, is the fact that graduates from SLU - even the Dean - are among those protesting about the alleged leakage.

I just wish the PRC should've postponed the results until the investigation is over.

i stand corrected then. but we aren't exactly 100% sure none of the SLU students benefited from the leak.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; July 27th, 2006 at 05:46 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    The technical panel on Nursing has also resigned over this (not that we're complaining much about that particular result).

FYI lang po. if you are referring to the CHED technical panel on nursing, they didnt resign because of the alleged leakage in the nursing exam. they resigned because their recommendations were not being taken seriously by the CHED leadership. peace!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, but they mentioned the nursing examinations and the poor quality of such as part of their reasons.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CHED ba kamo? hmmm... I'll check with my source.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i stand corrected then. but we aren't exactly 100% sure none of the SLU students benefited from the leak.
    No problem ... we all make mistaeks

You can also put it this way: We're neither 100% sure none from the other universities cheated on the exams.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i dont think UST is sourgraping naman, just bec their passing rate is low this year. if i were a nursing student, whether from UST or not, i would be concerned with the leakage. in short, i would prefer a retake than to put my passing grade into question.
    very well said po...
    if i've also passed the exam i would like to retake the exam rather that be questioned about my competency in performing my profession.

The worst effect of this is to bring the reliability and validity of our Nursing exam into question. If the US and other foreign markets start seeing our licensure as invalid, this will severely hurt our nursing export industry. That's probably the biggest reason for this protest.
    this is true... this anomaly will have a great effect in the international development of nurses especially with the credibilit of filipino nurses...
    mushrooming of nursing schools everywhere has already hurt the profession because of the poor quality nurses that they produce add this problem up then i guess the filipino nurses have nowhere else to go anymore...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Yeah, but they mentioned the nursing examinations and the poor quality of such as part of their reasons.

Yes. They said the passing rate of the nursing board exams was still the same as in the past years, meaning walang improvement sa quality ng graduates ON THE AVERAGE (emphasis here, before i get pilloried by nursing graduates here).

i also asked them about the leakage. they clarified that they are not resigning due to the leakage, nor will not comment on it since PRC ang dapat daw sumagot nun.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Nursing Licensure Exam Anomaly... Please Read On...