New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Because he WANTED a confrontation. Hindi ba obvious?
    hmm so what would you do mr flagg? if you turn into a corner after a looong ass traffic jam and someone counterflow-ed into your lane. wouldnt you ask/signal him to back up? or would you quietly try to back-up so the offender can have his way? tapos ikaw pa mag sorry kasi nakaharang ka sa kanya?

i dont know about you, but if am in the right of way. i will demand my right of way. maybe mainit na yun cefiro driver after the long traffic jam so he went down to demand for an apology. but i dont think thats enough ground to be called "basura".

if i was driving the cefiro and you were in that corolla. sorry i wont even let you squeeze pass me. be prepare to back all the way up to the end of the line.

and if you open fire on me, do i deserve such?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Nobody deserve to be shot dead becuz of traffic! Iwasan lang po natin magyabang sa kalsada, kundi bigayan lang po. Wala po mawawala kung nagbigay tayo ng daan sagli naman. Kaysa magaway tayo at mas malaki mawawala.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryalien View Post
    hmm so what would you do mr flagg? if you turn into a corner after a looong ass traffic jam and someone counterflow-ed into your lane. wouldnt you ask/signal him to back up? or would you quietly try to back-up so the offender can have his way? tapos ikaw pa mag sorry kasi nakaharang ka sa kanya?

i dont know about you, but if am in the right of way. i will demand my right of way. maybe mainit na yun cefiro driver after the long traffic jam so he went down to demand for an apology. but i dont think thats enough ground to be called "basura".

if i was driving the cefiro and you were in that corolla. sorry i wont even let you squeeze pass me. be prepare to back all the way up to the end of the line.

I totally agree with you, assuming that the shooter was indeed the perpetrator of the counterflow. I would say 98% of the fault was his.

The 2% fault of the driver-victim, IMO, was as follows:

1% -- Why'd he have to go down? Assuming naka-mura na siya and what not. What did he hope to achieve by going down? If it was to teach the perp a lesson, dapat aware siya na going down can only make him vulnerable. Kung hindi siya agad bumaba, at siya naman ang binabaan with gun drawn, I would've felt free to run the scumbag over. OTH, had the other driver not been armed, he could've STILL been run over, di ba? Kaya tsikoteers, NEVER go down unless in a secure, well-lighted area -- for emergency repairs (kasi puwede din bangga-holdup).

1% -- Why'd he have to destroy the others' car? Tingin ko kaya di masyado nag-react agad yung shooter kasi nga guilty for counter flowing. Kahit maglabas ng baril yung shooter, yung sense of justice nung victim lalong lalala kaya di aatras yun talaga. 2 Lessons here -- unless SURE kang kaya mong HUWAG gumamit ng firearms even with the utmost provocation, kalokohan magdala ng baril sa kotse. Also, do NOT over-react. Di naman natuloy yung banggaan dinagdagan mo pa yung drama by damaging a vehicle.

Dun naman sa mga naniniwalang 'panalo' yung shooter, I suggest you make a quick visit to our jail. Then imagine yourself living there for 10-20 years. There are things worse than death.

At kung sa trapik talaga kayo naro-road rage, dala kayo ng portable TV/DVD player. Mura lang sa Divi.

My .02 mula sa mga karanasan ko sa buhay.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sit there and wait. Always remember, point A to point B is the fundamental reason I'm there, 'no? I've done it before... I'll continue doing so.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. If you read the rest of my post, I mentioned the reason his desire for confrontation made him, IMO, basura.

In this hypothetical event that I did counterflow and block your way, I'd immediately give you right of way. Oh, and don't worry about me shooting you... I won't. Damatans na po ako, mellowed to the max...

That's why, for the third time, I say the lawyer is basura #2. I say the responsible people of the Philippines are better off to be rid of these and their ilk.

This was answered in my previous post. Hinay-hinay lang bossman.

Eto, i-re-state ko: If one dares to endanger one's self, and is stupid enough to endanger those under one's responsibility, then one better be prepared for the consequences.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    However you look at it, the lives of the people in this incident are wasted due to simple traffic issue. The two dead people can't be brought back again, and the lawyer destroyed his life and career due to impending jail time (hopefully justice will be served). Pwede naman sanang isa sa kanila and bumigay o magpasensiya na lang. Asking for a fight and shooting people dead wasn't the only option available.

But, I can see and understand the source of the rage and anger of the Cefiro driver since I just had a near miss yesterday afternoon that made my blood boil too.

I was driving home in a busy 2 lane street going home from work. Its 5pm and theres just the regular rush hour traffic which is not so bad in this area. There was probably over a dozen cars with me as 4th in line. I was using my small Kia car so I was overly cautious by giving about a car's length distance between me and the huge ford truck in front of me. Unexpectedly, a minivan coming out of the store on the left side of the street came hurtling through making a left turn to get into the direction I was driving. It barely missed a honking and visibly surprised SUV going on the opposite direction, and instead of aligning itself in the median yellow lane before merging, the driver went straight and merged the minivan in front of me. I was running 40-45mph and had to slam my brakes really hard. I thought that since the van had a near miss with the SUV that he would wait in the median turning lane before merging into the lane I was driving through. But idiot made the 2nd near miss on me. I probably missed the bastard by a mere 2-3 inches. Of course the rest of the cars behind me did their own brake hard routine creating a chorus of screaming/screeching brakes. The initial shock subsided and my anger came out as well as my nervousness. I was gripping the steering wheel so tight and chills went down my spine. Then I was yelling invectives and honking my horn like mad,and when the driver looked back I gave him the finger sign. I started chasing him trying to tailgate him and intent on following him to his destination to cuss him out and maybe punch the living hell out of him. Those emotions probably lasted 10-15 seconds, until my mind went into thoughts of my wife and 9 month old son waiting for me at home. What would happen to them if I wasn't able to avoid that guy and I get disabled or killed? Wait! I'm worried for them but I was madly chasing the guy. It hit me like a cold splash of water that what I'm doing at the moment is also putting myself at risk. That calmed me down considerably and I just said out loud "Diyos na ang bahala sa iyo. Huwag ka sanang mandamay ng ibang inosenteng tao!" Hinayaan ko na at tumakbo na ako sa speed limit. He went into a fast righ turn into the next cross street and then he was out of sight. I got home 5 minutes after that, and my son was in his walker waiting near the door. He greeted me with giggles, smile, and some of the few words he knows "Da, da, dad, didi!" The anger, nervousness, and other thoughts in my mind evaporated and I just hugged and kissed my son while relating the near miss story to my worried wife.

Like my wife often say... however careful we are at driving, marami parin ibang driver diyan na iba ang pag-iisip or driving habits. Be extra careful while driving fellow tsikoteers. Sana lang po ay huwag tayong matatalo ng galit at inis sa ganitong sitwasyon para walang mangyaring masama sa atin. Kawawa naman ang mga mahal natin sa buhay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DLV View Post
    [SIZE=2]Philippine Star - Metro[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Thursday, October 4, 2007 [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Pasig exec faces dismissal over road rage[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]By Non Alquitran [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Pasig City Mayor Roberto Eusebio vowed to dismiss the city’s legal officer if it is proven that he killed two people over a traffic accident last Tuesday in a fit of road rage.[/SIZE]
    if he is guilty, then dismissal should be the least of his problems. he should be fighting to stay off death row imo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, speaking of road rage incidents, i have tried to be calmer on the roads these days. i was really bad when i was in my teens.

good thing the worst thing that happened to me back then was that an Armenian guy in a Corolla tried to spit on me....we were traveling at 60+ mph on the Pasadena freeway kaya bumalik sa mukha niya yung sarili niyang dura :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    btw, speaking of road rage incidents, i have tried to be calmer on the roads these days. i was really bad when i was in my teens.

good thing the worst thing that happened to me back then was that an Armenian guy in a Corolla tried to spit on me....we were traveling at 60+ mph on the Pasadena freeway kaya bumalik sa mukha niya yung sarili niyang dura :evillaugh
    Hahaha he probably deserved it! Never ever spit against the wind (this goes figuratively as well - never ever confront anybody who can be a larger threat to you than you are to them)...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    if he is guilty, then dismissal should be the least of his problems. he should be fighting to stay off death row imo.
    he must also find his annulment lawyer expert friend, bec. in jail he'll be somebody's wife.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005

so who is this guy? the shooter or the victim?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
[merged] ingat sa gitgitan at makipagduruan sa kalye.