New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    How the people can entrust their lives on these suicidal maniacs is beyond me. God damn selfish imbeciles running ltfrb.

Part of the solution is speed governors attached to the bus so it cannot go beyond a set speed. We know it. The government knows it yet does not put it into practice. Singapore has a speedlimit governor on all commerical vehicles with rear light that tells everyone that "I am speeding, arrest me!".

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    This is the second time already

Engineers, could the design or materials of the Skyway be faulty? Aren't the railings supposed to be strong enough to absorb the impact of a vehicle crash? Or is the design faulty that no matter how strong the material, a vehicle has a tendency to fall off if it crashes against the railing?

RIP to the victims. It's 9 days before Christmas

The guide-rails on the skyway is designed to retain cars and smaller vehicles (small SUV). Something as big as a bus will just roll over the rail because it has a higher center of gravity. Not faulty design, it is just over and beyond the safety systems to prevent. Also given the mass of a bus, it is very difficult and expensive to place barriers to prevent a bus from breaking through side barriers.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    WTF.. tangaglin na prankisa nyan.. for life na hindi na pde mag aplay ung may ari ng bagong prankisa.. mga gungong.. tlga mga yan dahil sa sistemang boundary. mga drayber naghahabol..

buti at buhay ang driver ng bus.. for life nyang mararanasan yang kagaguhan nya.. dapat putol paa na yan.. tska paralyse na din para nakahiga na lang sya for d rest of his life..

condolence sa mga family..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimler1727 View Post
    Some, if not all, who died are simple employees/laborers. Some may be students on their way to school Some of them don't have TV at home. Imagine those families who are expecting their love ones to be home for, at least, dinner... Just thinkin' out loud. I feel for them. The "pwede pa" mentality is really not pwede. This will be the Christmas they'll never forget. RIP to those who passed away.
    True. People who have no choice but to risk their lives daily with these idiots. No chance we'll ever see a government honcho or their children riding these death traps, unless the bus fell on their SUVs.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    Mostly likely bus is over the speed limit, tires are of poor quality or almost no thread left leading to poor grip. Also most single deck buses here are taller than similar buses in SG, HK etc., they have higher center of gravity and possibly more prone to falling over etc.

RIP to those killed.
    Most buses here are mounted on a truck chassis unlike passenger buses in other countries that have purpose built buses with low floors, passenger and space friendly configurations, running on automatic transmissions, with speed governors at that. Such a simple thing to implement really, those speed governors, but it still can't be done.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    news source

Quote Originally Posted by ABS-CBN News
    MANILA (2nd UPDATE) – At least 21 died after a bus fell off the Skyway on Monday morning.

A Pacita-bound Don Mariano Transit bus (UVC 916) fell off the elevated part of Skyway in Barangay Marcelo Green, Parañaque City and plunged into the west service road of the southbound lane of South Luzon Expressway (SLEx) shortly before 5 a.m.

An aluminum van (ULX 874) reportedly carrying at least 2 people was also completely damaged after the bus fell onto it. The driver of the van died on the spot.

Barangay Marcelo Green traffic enforcer Amelia Mauricio confirmed to dzMM that 21 people died from the freak accident. At least 20 others, including bus driver Carmelo Calabcab, were rushed to the hospital.

Traffic investigators have yet to determine how the bus fell off the Skyway. The bus and the closed van were heavily damaged.

Skyway communications officer Ivy Vidal told ANC that the wet road may have caused the bus to ram the Skyway railings and plunged into the road below.

The incident snarled traffic along SLEx.

Due to the accident, the Land Transportation Regulatory and Franchising Board (LTFRB) has issued a preventive suspension for all 78 units of Don Mariano Transit.

Today's incident is not the first time that a bus fell off the Skyway.

On June 26, 2011, three people were killed after a Dimples Star Transport bus fell off the Skyway.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Pustahan nawalan ng preno ang dahilan.
    kung buhay ang driver, another kamot ulo moment....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Meron speed governors busses natin, all passengers can shout,yell throw something at the driver pag barumbado mag drive. Kaso di pinapansin ng pasahero ang overspeeding driver kasi ok daw matulin para di sila ma-late.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sasabihin ng government iregulate ang mga private vehicles at ipromote ang paggamit ng public transport system. Ina nila sila mauna sumakay sa mga ganyang bus at siraing mga jeep at rail system natin.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What we have on our trucks may speed limit sila.

Once na umabot sila sa speed limit automatic the device will text me. Then I have the remote acces na bumalik sya sa below the speed limit.

Automatic magbrake sya slowly para bumalik sa speedlimit.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    What we have on our trucks may speed limit sila.

Once na umabot sila sa speed limit automatic the device will text me. Then I have the remote acces na bumalik sya sa below the speed limit.

Automatic magbrake sya slowly para bumalik sa speedlimit.
    Wow, that is so high tech. I did not know that technology existed here. So the truck is sort of computerized?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast