New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ayan Sarsi and Karlbo,- nayari kayo ni bro. Syur....

Hands on the steering wheel,- not on the legs.....

4808:santa:

uy, hindi naman ako nagsabi na nasa legs yugn right hand ko eh.. sabi ko somewhere on the passenger side.. hindi naman passenger eh..

hehe si sarsi lang yun bro.. ewan ko kung sino yung kaangkas niya nun..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    left: 9-10 o'clock right: 2 o'clock but most of the time elsewhere..... stick shift eh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
    i make it a habit to always place both my hands sa SW.
    9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position.

same here....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    the "correct" position yata is 10 and 2 oclock eh, sinabi daw nung driving tutor nya when my cousin was getting her license in the U.S.

kung one hand naman, personally i can maneuver easier sa 6 oclock than 12 oclock using my left. i can also shift using the same hand, mahirap kase maabala yung right hand eh lalo na kung busy ito.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    usually nasa 9 to 10 o'clock position yun left hand ko while my right hand is on the stick. pag nangawit lipat sa 5:30 position yun left hand.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Karl, wala akong sinabi na ganun ang posisyon ng kamay ko. Ang sabi ko yung iba, pero hindi ako.

9 and 3 o'clock ang position ko paghawak sa steering wheel.

yun ang turo ni lolo pocholo

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I still remember my driving test back in Nevada. The instructor never really cared what part of the steering wheel my hands were on so long as both hands were gripping the wheel.

It is a natural tendency to go for the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions. If you want a really pronounced appearance, go for the 11:30 and 12:30 positions.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 17th, 2007 at 09:14 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've been driving on a 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position but then again i asked Mr. Mike Potenciano on the proper hand positions while driving while i was attending his seminar. He told me that it's the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions and it's also allowed to do the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions. I had the chance to talk to Mr. Cookie Ramirez as well and he told me that it's the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock postions for better maneuverability in case of emergency..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I still remember my driving test back in Nevada. The instructor never really cared what part of the steering wheel my hands were on so long as both hands were gripping the wheel.
    An examiner in the UK might take that as a serious fault, for "lack" of control. When I took the UK test, I got a minor fault for not immediately cancelling the turn signal exactly after leaving a wide roundabout. I wasn't supposed to rely on the auto-cancel.

Darn, I could have had a perfect score.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    most of the time 9-10 o'clock and 2-3 o'clock
    pag tinamad 10-11 ''clock left hand, right hand on stick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kamay sa Manibela