New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Paano ang posisyon ng kamay mo sa steering wheel pag nag drive ka?

alam ko ung iba, 1 hand on the steering wheel at 12 o'clock position, and other on the legs:naughty2:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post

alam ko ung iba, 1 hand on the steering wheel at 12 o'clock position, and other on the legs:naughty2:
    parehas lang tayo..... 12 o clock posisyon 1 hand left hand to be exact.. and the other hand is somewhere over the passenger side. pero nakapatong dun sa armrest sa gitna yung siko.. ehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    lalake ba o babae passenger nyo?:naughty2:

:rofl01:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    iba iba;

normal driving (straight and slight curves)
    = 1 hand at 6 o'clock position, while the other hand is on the stick
    = 1hand at 3 oclock position while the other hand (arm) is resting on the armrest of the driver side door (ofcourse he he)

curvy roads = 2hands at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position respectively

by the way i think it's not advisable to put your hand at 12 o'clock position since it will hinder the airbag when activated.just my cent

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pag long drives, open highway, usually both hands at 6 o'clock position. Mas relax ang biyahe pag ganun ang position. Pero sa gitgitan at traffic syempre, konting alisto lang.......11 & 12 oclock hand position, respectively.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    lalake ba o babae passenger nyo?:naughty2:

:rofl01:

Ayan Sarsi and Karlbo,- nayari kayo ni bro. Syur....

Hands on the steering wheel,- not on the legs.....

4808:santa:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We have A/T on both cars. So, I have my right hand on the 5 o'clock with my right elbow resting on my thigh. My left elbow rests on the open window with the left hand tapping to music. But, it's available when turning or when extra grip is required.

Ya gotta have the "porma" stance with shades. It's best with an A/T. He He.

Add: Windows are open at this time of the year because it's not warm enough to require A/C and it gets too warm if the windows are closed.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 15th, 2007 at 08:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post

There was this driving manual that I managed to read ages ago and it seemed from the UK driving methods. In the manual, it said that the hands should be position at 10min to 2 o'clock position or 15min to 3 o'clock position. This is so that you can have the greatest control of the steering wheel and have the use of both your hands in maneuvering your vehicle. Try typing "the highway code" on google.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    daily = left hand steering
    less visibility and spirited = 2 hands

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    my left hand almost always in the the 9oclock position. due to the headlight/signal light lever.

right hand differs depending on situation.

if a/t trans. right hand rest at 5oclock on hiways or easy driving. 3oclock on defensive driving or driving fast. holding a cellphone or changing cd's/radio stations on a lousy driving state. hehehe

if m/t. right hand usually on the shifter. specially on traffic or driving spiritedly. if highway driving, right hand is at 3oclock or 5oclock.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Kamay sa Manibela