New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mang ponso View Post
    There was this driving manual that I managed to read ages ago and it seemed from the UK driving methods. In the manual, it said that the hands should be position at 10min to 2 o'clock position or 15min to 3 o'clock position. This is so that you can have the greatest control of the steering wheel and have the use of both your hands in maneuvering your vehicle. Try typing "the highway code" on google.
    correct po yan mang ponso. tsaka ginagawa lang yan ng mga Learners pero karamihan pag-nakapasa na ng practical test eh kanya-kanya na rin ng style sa manibela parang sa pinas..... hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i make it a habit to always place both my hands sa SW.
    9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ako (M/T driver, never A/T)

daily driving - 3 o'clock & 9 o'clock position
    highway (NLEX, relaxed straight roads) - 4 o'clock & 8 o'clock
    Baguio-like roads & spirited driving - 2 o'clock & 10 o'clock

ayaw ko ng ganito kasi:
    12 o'clock -- eto yung mahilig mag swerve sa traffic, hindi stable pag highway driving
    6 o'clock -- maiipit balls ko pag nandito both hands ko

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    usually have my have my left on 9 and my right on the shifter. dati lagi both hands on the SW pero lately kse mabagal lng ako mgpatakbo e. hehehe.....

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    any position will do. Kung saan ang comfortable na position doon ako.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    always 2-3 and 9-10 ang hawak ko pag AT. pag MT na shifter or 9-10 yung right hand ko.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I apply the 10-2 positions at higher speeds and when full concentration is required; one palm during manuevering or slowly backing up...
    On idle or relaxed mode elbows on arm rest while in stop and go city driving the 6 o'clock position naman.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    There was this driving manual that I managed to read ages ago and it seemed from the UK driving methods. In the manual, it said that the hands should be position at 10min to 2 o'clock position or 15min to 3 o'clock position. This is so that you can have the greatest control of the steering wheel and have the use of both your hands in maneuvering your vehicle. Try typing "the highway code" on google.
    I don't recall reading that on the Highway Code, mang ponso ... IIRC it's on the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) book "Driving - The Essental Skills".

As for me, I still keep my hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2'oclock positions, long after I passed the test that required it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    I don't recall reading that on the Highway Code, mang ponso ... IIRC it's on the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) book "Driving - The Essental Skills".

As for me, I still keep my hands on the wheel at the 10 and 2'oclock positions, long after I passed the test that required it.

You could be right there, StraightSix. As I said, I came across those literature ages ago.... Lost brain cells might be getting the better of me. Guess I am showing my age now, aren't I?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    You could be right there, StraightSix. As I said, I came across those literature ages ago.... Lost brain cells might be getting the better of me. Guess I am showing my age now, aren't I?
    OT: We could be on the same boat ... I also have my doubts that's why I used the words "recall/IIRC".

Old Fart - There are two signs of old age.
    Old Geezer - What?
    Old Fart - One is forgetfulness.
    Old Geezer - What's the other one?
    Old Fart - Uuuuh. I can't remember.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kamay sa Manibela