New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A Globe staff from the business center at SM MOA just called me a few minutes ago. There's a person claiming to be me at their store who's availing of handset upgrades for 4 of my accounts. He wants to get highend phones like iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6. He even presented IDs. When the staff noticed that the picture in the ID didn't match with what they had in their system, they asked some questions. He was able to answer a few but failed to answer one question: what ID I used when I last availed of a handset upgrade.

So they got suspicious and called me on my cellphone.

Since the staff just used a regular globe number to call me, I was hesitant to provide any info, I just told her I am not in Metro Manila and I am not availing any handset upgrades and just decline that transaction,

I then called Globe's hotline and informed them of the situation. I also requested for a screen cap of the impostor in their CCTV. I hope they'll give it to me.

It's really scary knowing someone has my personal infos and IDs.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Di kaya ang impostor ay yung globe staff?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Too much personal info posted on your social media accounts perhaps?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Too much personal info posted on your social media accounts perhaps?
    On the contrary, I don't post any of my pesonal info in my social media accounts. Only my hometown and the college I studied in.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Either the guy was a globe staffer or somebody close to you who knows a lot of things about you.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats scary they clone your identity may 3 pa naman ako acct sa globe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I suggest you change all your pin/passwords immediately.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Perhaps a credit card agent who you have shared your info? Why not go directly sa sm moa and ask to see the CCTV? Ang mahirap dito ba someone close to you at di mo alam na tinatraydor ka.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Dumadami na ganitong case ah

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I remember way before I was dating a girl. Thing is, she had a very jealous ex. He was able to find personal info about me, including home phone, exact address etc... Yun pala, he admitted he has a friend from Globe who provided him all the info.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast