New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    humbling experience din yung first time ko mag :***:

after the first 3 minutes, nahiritan ako ng "what?! are you finished already??" :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    humbling experience din yung first time ko mag :***:

after the first 3 minutes, nahiritan ako ng "what?! are you finished already??" :bwahaha:
    Naku sir m54, ngayon alam na namin san nanggaling iyong strength of character...

Simple lang po kwento ko: nabara me ni sir jun aka pekto in a debate about my ex-avatar... ehehe pahiyang-pahiya me nun.

Nevertheless, tawag ko pa rin sa kanya ay sir.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I know I've had many humbling experiences in my life. But, I can't seem to nail down specifics.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    Naku sir m54, ngayon alam na namin san nanggaling iyong strength of character...

Simple lang po kwento ko: nabara me ni sir jun aka pekto in a debate about my ex-avatar... ehehe pahiyang-pahiya me nun.

Nevertheless, tawag ko pa rin sa kanya ay sir.
    Lekat. There's nothing humbling about that. If it's humbling to you, then I've had more than a few humbling experiences here myself....... I might as well join the club.....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ok. I can remember some..... I thought I was a bad-ass road warrior who can drive a full 24-hours stopping only for gas and able to deal with any situation.

But, the incident in 1988 when I dozed off and found my car bouncing between the freeway lanes and again in 1994 when I hit a long stretch of black ice quickly brought me down to earth.

That's twice where I could've been killed by my own stupid hand...... Now, I rarely drive past 5 hours before stopping for rest.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i once invited one of my technicians to join lunch w/ me. and out nowhere, we started to talk about his life... and i was struck about everything he shared. his life's difficulties, his sickness, on how he goes by his measly salary... seriously, after that, i ask my self what did i do to deserve more. why everything couldn't just be all the same / equal... very humbling.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    As a doctor in the Philippines you are treated as a demi-god anywhere you go, from your clinic to the hospital to your classmates back in HS and even your neighbors...

Now that I work aboard a foreign cruise line as a ship's physician, I'm on the other end of the stick. I can see how the cabin and dining room stewards work like slaves for tips and the cooks work long hours in the hot, steamy galley just to satisfy the wishes and whims of our passengers. We at the medical department cannot act like gods as if we're in a hospital because we are just part of a product whose primary aim is to please, whatever the cost.

So every time I'm here in Manila and eat in a resto, I see to it that I get my food server's name, always say please and thank you each every time we ask him/her for something and always talk to them in a very respectful tone...

Sometimes I even stand up just to get some paper napkins...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    oist people of tsikot..iba ang ibig sabihin ng humbleD sa humble, ha.

diko tinatanong kung humble ka o mayabang. tinatanong ko yung mga experiences na na "humbled" ka...mukhang mamimis interpret tayo nito.hehehe
    hehehe was about to post the same thing.

ako madami! isip ako.. blanko utak ko e.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    di naman sila nagre-reply siguro para magyabang na humble sila, sinasabi lang nila na minsan ang tingin nila sa sarili nila ay mataas pero dumating ang araw na nalaman nila na kaya pala nila na magpakumbaba. nasa bumabasa siguro kung ano ang interpretasyon.

nuon mayabang ako. sagad. UP grad, engineering. nung nag-graduate ako pahirapan maghanap ng trabaho kaya di lang minsan namin naranasan ng mga ka-batch ko na tatanungin kung sino ang UP grad, at pagkatapos ay sasabihan yung mga ibang aplikante na pwede na silang umuwi at mga graduates lang ng UP ang tatanggapin. well, maipagyayabang kong sabihin na ni isa sa aking mga ka-batch ay hindi nagdalawang-isip na tumayo na rin at umalis. sa totoo lang nakakahiya kasi maging UP-grad kung ganun ang gagawin.

sa hirap ng trabaho sa pilipinas ay nag-abroad ako. saudi. site engineer sa king saud university ang title pero all-around technician ang tunay na trabaho. all-around, as in jack of all trades. sama dun ang magkumpuni ng kubeta at imburnal. nung minsang nagbara ang imburnal ay nataon pa naman na inutusan ko ang aking 2 tubero sa isang site na malayo sa riyadh. e di syempre ako yung lider, e di follow myself. umasa ako na pag nakita ako ng iba kong trabahador ay tutulungan nila ako. e di nga naman nila trabaho yung mag-alis ng bara ng imburnal kaya nagtakbuhan lahat at ako lang ang naiwan. ako ang lider, sa akin ang responsibilidad. sa madaling kwento ay sugod syempre, kaya ko yun, *** LANG E, ano papatalo ako no way ba! e pagdating ko sa kalagitnaan, sa alala ko ay manhole #13 yata (para naman sabihin natin na malas talaga di ba, saka para mas maganda ang kwento) e lampas tao na ang lalim ng butas. baba ang mayabang na yebo na sa oras na yun ay naka-sampung suka na sa baho at sa laki ng mga ebak ng arabo na nakita. e yun palang bara ay wala pang isang metro ang layo sa butas kaya nung sinundot e agad bumususok. ligo ang mayabang na yebo sa pinaghalong tubig ng kusina at kasilyas. bagamat naiiyak at nagagalit sa sarili bakit inabot ng ganun ay masaya na din pagkatapos dahil naisip ko na kahit ano pa man ang aking marating ay habang buhay kong nasa isip na minsan ako ay naligo sa imburnal. at kung kaya ko yun e di hindi ako magugutom dahil kahit kelan ay wala akong trabahong aatrasan. ok, yun lang. yabang pa rin no?
    Sir that is not mayabang. That is a true leader who leads by example rather than by words. The fact that you were willing to place yourself in such a situation probably gained more respect from your workers than any words that you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    As a doctor in the Philippines you are treated as a demi-god anywhere you go, from your clinic to the hospital to your classmates back in HS and even your neighbors...

Now that I work aboard a foreign cruise line as a ship's physician, I'm on the other end of the stick. I can see how the cabin and dining room stewards work like slaves for tips and the cooks work long hours in the hot, steamy galley just to satisfy the wishes and whims of our passengers. We at the medical department cannot act like gods as if we're in a hospital because we are just part of a product whose primary aim is to please, whatever the cost.

So every time I'm here in Manila and eat in a resto, I see to it that I get my food server's name, always say please and thank you each every time we ask him/her for something and always talk to them in a very respectful tone...

Sometimes I even stand up just to get some paper napkins...
    Most people who have never worked in the food service industry really never understand the kind of work involved to get their food on the table. It's good that you can empathize with them and show your appreciation of their work.

My wife often wonders why I always make it a habit to leave a good tip whenever we dine out. I told her it's because I used to be one of the waiters and cooks in the kitchen when I was younger and know how important the tips are to these people. This was a good thing because when we dined out in ATC once I forgot my credit card in the resto and waitress chased us to return the card. As the saying goes "you can't get to where you are going if you don't know where you've been" and I always remember were I've been.
    Last edited by redorange; February 8th, 2007 at 12:43 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Humbling Experiences