New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Fellow Tsikoters.

This incident DID NOT happen to ME. This ordeal was relayed to me by my friend. I'm just putting this out especially for fellow tsikoters who may be working in the Makati area. Very sad

Dear friends,

I just met with a friend yesterday who had just emerged from a 9-hour ordeal. he was kidnapped in the heart of the makati business district!

around noon the day before, he emerged from lpl towers on leviste st., salcedo village to go to a lunch meeting in pasong tamo. he decided not to

take his car because parking in makati can be a hassle. talking on the phone, he hopped into the first available cab.

later he realized the cab was taking a route that was unusual. he called the driver's attention to this but was ignored. the cab entered into urban

road, the road by urban bank which is parallel to buendia. it stopped and three other men got in.

he tried to struggle but they stabbed his wrist which of course bled profusely. when he heard the sound of a gun being cocked, he stopped struggling and gave in to all their demands. they had him withdraw from all four bank accounts, took his cel phone and palm pilot and dropped him off in cavite somewhere near trece martires. the motorists ignored him as he tried to flag them down but he was finally able to make it back to makati somehow.

he reported the incident to the makati police and was told that it was the third such incident in the week. one happened to a student who got a cab

in rockwell, the other to a citibank female executive who was taking a cab from paseo de roxas to glorietta but ended up in cavite. the cabs were

stolen. i assume all targets were well-dressed (my friend was in coat and tie) and upwardly-mobile looking. where hapless expats and tourists used

to be the the victims of similar crimes, young executives and students are now the new targets. please warn your friends to be careful about

taxicabs especially in the makati district. perhaps the best way to take a taxi would be in the queues where they hand you a piece of paper with all

the taxi info and the ltfrb number, or to call for one from a reputable cab company such as golden or r & e.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    tsk tsk tsk ..saan pa place meron safe sa Pinas...
    kahit na nga sa simbahan may mga mandurukot na din

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    be safe everyone..

sana if you noticed the taxi driver taking a different route.. open mo agad yung door.. kahit tumatakbo.. sigurado titigil yun.. or may makakakita sa inyo..

and don't be shy to SCREAM!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Well, it IS election time...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat alerto tayo lagi. Kahit pa R&E yan o MGE may masama pa ring driver.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    best way to be sure

while getting in, open the door again to check kung naka-child lock.

then call somebody whether imaginary or real, and act as if you are dictating the plate number of the taxi and other relevant info

yan turo ko sa wife ko.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    while getting in, open the door again to check kung naka-child lock.
    Nice tip, hindi ko naisip ito. :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swimstroke View Post
    Nice tip, hindi ko naisip ito. :D
    + 1 ako dito sir.

maging alerto lang po us when riding a taxi or kahit anong PUV

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The left hand side passenger door tends to be child locked.

Your friend-of-a-friend's mistake is that he struggled. Just give the damn stuff, they ain't important.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    the building where the victim was kidnapped was the place where Tony Leviste shot his aide. Nadaan ako diyan madalas. Dami expats diyan kasi may condotels sa street na yan where they stay. Ingat lang mga peeps. This is really sad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Taxi Robbery in Makati Business District, Feb. 6, 2007