New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Switch ng ceiling light gagamitin not in appliances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disconnect (cut one of the AC line from the ceiling switch) first one of the terminal of the light ceiling switch to from the AC line then tap it to the leftmost terminal of your gadget. That will leave one of the AC line hanging so u better cover that line covered with electrical tape

Note if youre not an electrician, dont attempt to do it this way. Ditch the ceiling switch

Connect the middle terminals of the gadget together

Tap one of the 220AC line to the left AC line of the gadget then tap the other 220AC line to the right AC line of the gadget

Now that makes it 2 switch in series before the load gets attached to the 220AC line

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; September 29th, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think ang problem is, if understood the TS correctly, ay walang 'partner' na 220V sa loob ng existing light switch.

Yung "switch" terminals ng timer should replace the existing switch. However, in order for the timer to work, it also needs to receive power from a 220V source. Kung wala syang makuhang 220V source sa loob ng switch junction box, he will likely need an electrician to lay the wire for him.

Otherwise, medyo ghetto kalalabasan kung latagan nya ng wires papunta sa 220V outlet.... pangit na tignan kung nakalitaw yung wires sa wall.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^that should be the ideal thing to do, replace the switch for the light ceiling with the timer switch but he did clarify that the load is the switch..so that makes it a redundant switch

The load should be the light with timer switch replacing the wall mount switched where the light was initially connected from

Last edited by kisshmet; September 29th, 2017 at 11:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Proper method:

Ghetto method:

Excuse the crude sketch.

Typically, your home would've been wired as such (BROWN wires in the sketch). In order to use the timer (assuming it requires 220V AC to operate, NOT 12V DC), additional wirings are needed (PINK wires) to connect to a 220V AC source.
    Last edited by oj88; September 29th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Shadow do you intend to use the existing wall mount switch of the ceiling light as a bypass switch to the timer switch?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Shadow do you intend to use the existing wall mount switch of the ceiling light as a bypass switch to the timer switch?

No. But since it's too complicated, I think it's easier to teach na lang yun maid to turn off and on the lights sa time na gusto ko. How do you wire a wall light switch to this timer?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    good decision or hire ng marunong na electrician madali lang sa kanila yan. mahirap ng magmarunong pagdating sa kuryente. safety first.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    No. But since it's too complicated, I think it's easier to teach na lang yun maid to turn off and on the lights sa time na gusto ko. How do you wire a wall light switch to this timer?

Install a motion sensor with IR detector.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234