Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Ok, thanks bossing ..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Aliexpress. ₱300+ lang. Kaso hinde ko alam gamitin. How do you wire a wall light switch to this timer?

Nakakita ako niya sa sa US Home deppt Honeywell ang brand. Akala ko hinde pwede dito dahil 220v tayo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can still use it bro

Connect two live wires to the terminals of power.
    You need to get a new line for this.

Connect the wire of the light switch going to the bulb to one of the terminals of "switch". The live wire of the light switch, do not connect,- just cut and tape it.

For precaution, use only an incandescent bulb. This will act as your fuse if you have the wrong connection.

If the timer switch turns on. The bulb should turn on. If not, check the bulb if busted and replace with another incandescent bulb.

Then transfer the wire from one terminal of the switch to the other... The bulb should light up this time...

I don't want you to be testing wires so I thought of a de facto fuse which is the incandescent bulb.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    You can still use it bro

Connect two live wires to the terminals of power.
    You need to get a new line for this.

Connect the wire of the light switch going to the bulb to one of the terminals of "switch". The live wire of the light switch, do not connect,- just cut and tape it.

For precaution, use only an incandescent bulb. This will act as your fuse if you have the wrong connection.

If the timer switch turns on. The bulb should turn on. If not, check the bulb if busted and replace with another incandescent bulb.

Then transfer the wire from one terminal of the switch to the other... The bulb should light up this time...

I don't want you to be testing wires so I thought of a de facto fuse which is the incandescent bulb.
    Mahirap. Ang gulo. How do you wire a wall light switch to this timer? pang plug ang play lang ako. 🤣

I'll order again Yun 24v na DC na lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If i understand correctly "dalawang wires coming out of the wall" means "dalawang wires na dati nakakabit sa light switch"?

If so, those two wires coming out of the wall connect to timer "switch".

You now have to provide AC power to the timer "power" terminals, say from a convenience outlet. Note that this powers only the timer, not the light.

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    If i understand correctly "dalawang wires coming out of the wall" means "dalawang wires na dati nakakabit sa light switch"?

If so, those two wires coming out of the wall connect to timer "switch".

You now have to provide AC power to the timer "power" terminals, say from a convenience outlet. Note that this powers only the timer, not the light.

Good luck!

This is how I understand it too.

Pull out the existing wall switch and connect those 2 wires to the pins labeled "switch". The "power" is just for powering up the timer's electronics.

If you have an ohmmeter, you should have continuity between the "switch" terminals when the timer activates.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    You have to use separate 12VDC power supply for this to operate. Why not just use the readily available in malls like Ledtec IT88

or use the industrial grade Omron timer pluggable in DIN rail manual or digital or with power-on-delay, meron dyan sa Soler at T.Alonzo, Cheson controls.

similar thread btw mechanical timer

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    That device is a normally open switch terminal which connects the load to the 220AC line once the switch is activated.

All you have to do is connect the load to the switch in SERIES.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; September 28th, 2017 at 11:21 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Disregard the photos in my first post.

Saan i connect yun dalawang wires coming out from the wall? Doon sa "Power" or isang wire sa "Power" then isang wire sa "switch"?

*cvt dito ka reply.

Wala naman mangyayari diba kahit madikit ko yun wires ng switch iilaw lang siya unlike wires ng outlet sasabog

I think it should be like this

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    I think it should be like this
    yes, except the power is 12Vdc instead if 220Vac.

yung sinasabi ni shadow na 2 wires from the wall that will be the 220V on the left side connected in series to the switch and the light bulb.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    You have to use separate 12VDC power supply for this to operate. Why not just use the readily available in malls like Ledtec IT88

or use the industrial grade Omron timer pluggable in DIN rail manual or digital or with power-on-delay, meron dyan sa Soler at T.Alonzo, Cheson controls.

similar thread btw mechanical timer
    im not gonna used it on appliance sa ceiling light sana
    Last edited by shadow; September 28th, 2017 at 11:52 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast