New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Guys what's the best way to anchor wooden baluster railing to tiled stairs? The stair tiles are outdoor finish porcelain types.

Original plan was to have stainless steel railing but I'm trying to save a bundle by using wood.
    I always try avoiding planting rails on floors. This is to future-proof things. Should floors need changing, no rail removal, tampering nor workaround needed.
    If staircase & upper floors are of concrete, you can use chemical anchors(Hilti, Sika, Fischer) to plant metal angles or channels on the vertical sections(beam face or side of staircase) for your balusters to bolt on to. This method will have better pivot/movement resistance than floor-mounting.
    Here's an example of rugged treated wood anchored on the vertical beam face, not thru the floor.
    Tried looking for 1st hand stair application pics to share. It has been a while since we've done stair rails in wood. They were likely stored & lost in older phones.House Construction

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I always try avoiding planting rails on floors. This is to future-proof things. Should floors need changing, no rail removal, tampering nor workaround needed.
    If staircase & upper floors are of concrete, you can use chemical anchors(Hilti, Sika, Fischer) to plant metal angles or channels on the vertical sections(beam face or side of staircase) for your balusters to bolt on to.
    Here's an example of rugged treated wood anchored on the vertical beam face, not thru the floor.

That's pretty clever. Only issue I might have is the cheap baluster wood might not hold up when mounted that way. Or could it? Can't use hard wood as they're out of budget unfortunately.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    That's pretty clever. Only issue I might have is the cheap baluster wood might not hold up when mounted that way. Or could it? Can't use hard wood as they're out of budget unfortunately.
    You can always guinea a section or 2. Test for durability as they are safety rails. Should your plan fail, look into China SS stair rail components you can use w/ minimal or no weld assembly, sir. Aluminum sections can be mixed in, too. Hoboer than custom stainless.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    You can always guinea a section or 2. Test for durability as they are safety rails. Should your plan fail, look into China SS stair rail components you can use w/ minimal or no weld assembly, sir. Aluminum sections can be mixed in, too. Hoboer than custom stainless.

Thanks for the ideas bro. At the risk ko overextending your hospitality, could you recommend any local supplier of those modular SS rails perchance? I'd very much appreciate a PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thanks for the ideas bro. At the risk ko overextending your hospitality, could you recommend any local supplier of those modular SS rails perchance? I'd very much appreciate a PM.
    I'm sadly far from you, disconnected..... otherwise, I'd be more than glad to help.House Construction
    Let's await Max, he might have leads local to you, sir!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Still thanks for the ideas bro. Much appreciated 👍

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Still thanks for the ideas bro. Much appreciated House Construction
    Anytime, Wh1st3r brother!House Construction

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Guys what's the best way to anchor wooden baluster railing to tiled stairs? The stair tiles are outdoor finish porcelain types.

Original plan was to have stainless steel railing but I'm trying to save a bundle by using wood.
    You can use 1/2" threaded rod with grip anchor or you can make a 1/4" baseplate smaller or equal to the base section of your wooden baluster with 1-1 1/4" pipe weld on the center to support your post.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    You can use 1/2" threaded rod with grip anchor or you can make a 1/4" baseplate smaller or equal to the base section of your wooden baluster with 1-1 1/4" pipe weld on the center to support your post.

Do I ask the installer to use a 1/2" diamond tip bit to make it through the tiles and then drive the threaded rods bro? Or drill down until the entire length of the buried portion of the rod and then screw it down?

I hope these threaded rods are available at the local Wilcon hehe.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Do I ask the installer to use a 1/2" diamond tip bit to make it through the tiles and then drive the threaded rods bro? Or drill down until the entire length of the buried portion of the rod and then screw it down?

I hope these threaded rods are available at the local Wilcon hehe.
    Yes you can buy it there. You can try makita masonry bit much cheaper compare to nicholson brand sell on wilcon. At least two inches in depth for better Anchorage. Threaded rod are sold in 8ft in length.

House Construction