New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by joms View Post
    CLAVEL - what happened sa after sales service nila? Mabagal?

CVT - pre what does "sinipat" mean and what do you mean na parang magkapatid sila?

How about ELEMAX (powered by Honda), any feedback? Right now I'm looking into getting their Elemax SH7600EXS which runs around P70k (6.5kvA nominal / 7.6kvA max). This any good?
    yan genset ko now, honda elemax pero yun 3.5KVA lang...looking to upgrade...what do you mean ok? basically pare-pareho lang naman genset eh...wala pa naman nasisira since binili ko...since you are willing to spare P70k...bilhin mo na lang yun binebenta ni uls na china made, same power rating less money or spend the P70k to get bigger rating genset

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hindi ba open type China gensets binebenta mo?

maybe you're talking about open type gensets kaya you're only talking about muffler

i'm talking about gensets with soundproofing enclosure

Japan silent gensets have far better quality enclosures than China gensets

kahit hindi Denyo. kahit ibang brand like Komatsu

ABSCBN / GMA gumagamit ng brand new Komatsu gensets pang location shooting

150kva or bigger ang tahimik

nakapag parating na kami ng China "silent" type

ang nipis ng enclosure kaya ang ingay

wala sa muffler yan kahit palitan mo ng muffler wala masyado difference yan

open and silent sir meron kami...

yung pag dating po sa enclosure depende na yan sa request nyo... 2.0mm or 2.5mm..

IMO sir uls wala sa kapal ng bakal po yan...

and pwede naman gumamit ng kahit nga 2.5mm pa na canopy...

na subukan na din po namin na gumamit ng 2.5mm na canopy ang standard lang is 2.0mm

ganun din.. pareho lang ang db levels ng naka 2.0mm ka sa 2.5mm ka..

ang difference talaga eh sa muffler and regulator silencer...

yung muffler sir na ginagamit.. dalawang klase meron residential type.. Meron din industrial type...

i Know sir at dalawang klaseng muffler na try ang nasubukan namin...

yung industrial type 2 division lang (not sure) ang loob ng muffler.. samantalang ang residential type 3 or 4 divisions yun.. (basta po mas madaming division ang loob) then meron pang kasamang regulator silencer... kaya sir mas tahimik....

Isa sir sa na supplyan na namin MAYNILAD... madami silang requirements load bank, at mahigpit po sila sa db levels dapat within the standards...

in comparison po dun sa RESIDENTIAL type and industrial type mufflers and silencers... malayo talaga ang difference..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I looked into the economics of using a generator and damn, even if I'm only going to run this 3x a year (1 to 3 days per blackout), it would cost me around P5,000+ in gasoline per day! I thought it over and i think I will remove my need to power an aircon.

In this regard, my nominal watts would run at around 1800watts while my max will hit around 2500watts.

If this is the case, I am now looking at the following as my choice of generators:

1) Honda EP2500CX (2300nominal / 2500max) = gas cost would be P1940/day
    2) Elemax SH3200 (2500nominal / 3200max) = gas cost would be P1870/day
    3) ???

At this point, I would like to get the best 2000watts/2500max generator that is within my budget (P65,000). Maybe I can look into getting a diesel generator so that I won't need to worry about the carbon build up in the carburator. (and diesel is said to be safer than gas). Push button starter would also be nice so that it would be easy for the girls to start the generator (in case im not around). What other generators are in the same league with Honda/Elemax?

Is there also a generator wherein if you only use 50% of its capacity, the fuel consumption would go down?

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Maghanda na... hopeless talaga ang goverment.

As brownouts loom in summer of 2015, DOE pushes state of emergency on power
    By DANESSA RIVERA, GMA NewsJuly 21, 2014 3:58pm

The Department of Energy has recommended to President Benigno Aquino III the declaration of a state of national emergency on power due to the very thin supply of electricity expected in 2015, the DOE's top official said on Monday.

Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla said consumers could expect another round of rotating brownouts in the summer of 2015 due to "very thin reserves" and delays in the operation of some upcoming power plants.

"There is an admission that by 2015 that our supply does not give us enough elbow room," Petilla told reporters after a news forum in Manila.

"It's so thin na may bumigay lang na isang 100 megawatt na plant, we can go into red alert," he added.

Based on data from the DOE, the occurence of power outages last year increased to 7.25 percent from 5.75 percent in 2012.

"There are also projects that we feel will not push through," Petilla said.

Contracting new power plants

Under such a state of national emergency, the President would have the power to address the shortage by contracting new power plants or renting modular generators.

Even before Typhoon Glenda affected much of Luzon's power grid, the DOE already recommended the President declaring a state of national emergency on power by 2015.

"In our previous meeting, he's not against it. I just have to make a case about it and explore all options," Petilla said.

"The next step is to await the economic cluster kasi hindi lang naman ito energy problem dahil ang financing nito ay manggagaling sa finance," he added.

The final decision will come from the Office of the President and Congress, but will have to come out by next month to have enough leeway to come up with the needed generating capacity, Petilla said.

Petilla said the country still had some time to come up with sufficient generating capacity, which could be sourced from modular gensets or secondhand bunker engines.

"But we're exploring other options.... We're looking depending on the cost," Petilla noted.

"To be comfortable, we're looking at 400 to 500 MW extra no later than April 2015," he said.

Early warning

At the start of the Aquino administration, former National Transmission Corp. president and CEO Alan Ortiz, warned of a power crisis due to the lack of new generating capacities while demand increased over time.

In 2010, then outgoing Energy Secretary Jose Ibazeta admitted that a power crisis might indeed happen in the absence of additional generating capacities.

While putting up renewable energy projects could help ease power concerns, Ibazeta said there was a lack of clear policy directions to cover the feed-in tariff (FIT) rates for renewable energy technology.

The FIT rates, which offer power producers guaranteed payments on a fixed rate per kilowatt-hour, was only issued in July 2012.

Meanwhile, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV blamed Department of Energy officials for their alleged inaction regarding the power crisis.

“Ang ating energy officials, kitang kita naman nila yung problema, pero wala naman silang ginagawa. Si dating Energy Secretary Rene Almendras, wala namang ginawa, kaya pinagreresign ko yan noon eh. Wala naman nangyari, walang mga plano,” Trillanes said.

Almendras, who is now the secretary to the Cabinet, was replaced by Petilla.

"Ang problema ni Petilla, dahil sa Supreme Court Writ of Amparo, di makagalaw yung mga planta. Ang maririnig mo lang mga paliwanag, kung bakit sila pumalpak. Pero yung results, wala kang makikita,” Trillanes said.

Truthful picture

In an e-mailed statement, the Trade Union Congress of the Philippines (TUCP) said it called for the declaration of a national emergency on power even before Typhoon Glenda caused brownouts last week "so that collectively we come up with the right solutions."

"We need a truthful picture of our future power supply so that we can come up with clear strategies and coping mechanisms and avert companies shutting down and retrenchments of workers,” executive director Louie Corral was quoted as saying.

He said the TUCP would meet with various business and labor groups on Wednesday to draw up measures amid the lack of national strategy to address the looming power crisis.

"So, the TUCP, other labor groups, consumer and business organizations will meet on Wednesday with the aim of figuring out a recommendation to the government on how to minimize the impact of a full-blown power crisis precluded by prolonged rotational brownouts currently prevailing in many key areas Luzon and in Mindanao,” Corral said.

The group also recommended that the government temporarily return to the power generation business until there was sufficient supply and electricity rates are lower.

Tyrannical tendencies

However, a party-list representative representing the youth sector opposed moves to give the President emergency powers to address the energy crisis.

“With the tyrannical tendencies of the president, Congress cannot grant more powers to Mr. Aquino,” Kabataan Partylist Rep. Terry Ridon said in a separate e-mailed statement.

Ridon, a member of the House Committee on Energy, said he believes there are measures that can be done to address the energy issue without giving Aquino emergency powers.

“Besides, we should remember that the emergency power deals are responsible for the persisting high electricity rates in the country,” he added. —NB, GMA News
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 21st, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Tamang tama yung thread na to.

ULS, kailangan ko ng Welding/Generator baka meron ka maiooffer.
    160 amps pataas
    300v

I may be stupid, but I am not a fool.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    open and silent sir meron kami...

yung pag dating po sa enclosure depende na yan sa request nyo... 2.0mm or 2.5mm..

IMO sir uls wala sa kapal ng bakal po yan...

and pwede naman gumamit ng kahit nga 2.5mm pa na canopy...

na subukan na din po namin na gumamit ng 2.5mm na canopy ang standard lang is 2.0mm

ganun din.. pareho lang ang db levels ng naka 2.0mm ka sa 2.5mm ka..

ang difference talaga eh sa muffler and regulator silencer...

yung muffler sir na ginagamit.. dalawang klase meron residential type.. Meron din industrial type...

i Know sir at dalawang klaseng muffler na try ang nasubukan namin...

yung industrial type 2 division lang (not sure) ang loob ng muffler.. samantalang ang residential type 3 or 4 divisions yun.. (basta po mas madaming division ang loob) then meron pang kasamang regulator silencer... kaya sir mas tahimik....

Isa sir sa na supplyan na namin MAYNILAD... madami silang requirements load bank, at mahigpit po sila sa db levels dapat within the standards...

in comparison po dun sa RESIDENTIAL type and industrial type mufflers and silencers... malayo talaga ang difference..
    sir what i meant by quality of enclosure is not only the thickness of the steel. pati yung sound insulation material. pati yung pagkagawa ng mga pinto -- the tightness of the seal pag nakasara. pati quality ng doorlocks

in short pangit ang enclosure ng China "silent" gensets

walang sinabi sa gawa ng Japan

China "silent" gensets have flimsy doors that don't close tightly. cheap doorlocks. sound insulation material is thin and missing in some places
    Last edited by uls; July 21st, 2014 at 11:17 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Tamang tama yung thread na to.

ULS, kailangan ko ng Welding/Generator baka meron ka maiooffer.
    160 amps pataas
    300v

welding generator:
    welding: 280 amperes, 300 amperes available
    generator: 10KVA

300V?

120V or 220V lang

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Parang masyado mataas yung 200+ amp.
    Magkano price nyan? Pwede ko ba makuha landline mo para matawagan kita bukas?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I looked around again and damn, I just found out a very good generator which would definitely suit me.

Generator: Elemax SH07D (Diesel) Sound Proof Type (67dB)

Engine: Kubota Z482

nominal : 6500watts

max : 7000watts

Fuel capacity : 28Liters

Continues operation:

Full Load = 10 hours (cost to run whole day = P3,024)

75% Load = 13.3 hours (cost to run whole day = P2,274)

50% Load = 16.5 hours (cost to run whole day = P1,833)

25% Load = 20 hours (cost to run whole day = P1,512)

Since I will be running it less than 2,000watts, I would be only spending around P1,650/day! (In contrast to P1,870/day if I use the elemax SH3200 and P1,941/day if I use the Honda EP2500CX)

Also, it means that in the event that I would like to use my aircon, the generator can easily handle it. This also has an electric starter and it uses diesel!!! It seems everything I want is with this generator. Question now is, how much does this cost and if its available in the Philippines. I hope it is as I would surely get this!

Does anyone know if this is being sold here in the Philippines? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Parang masyado mataas yung 200+ amp.
    Magkano price nyan? Pwede ko ba makuha landline mo para matawagan kita bukas?

sir baka hinahanap niyo yung portable lang (yung nabubuhat ng tao)

yung binebenta po namin parang ganito:

not actual unit (googled image only)

di po nabubuhat ng tao. boom truck ang pambuhat or chain block

Generator sets