New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i forgot, for plants like tomato and eggplant, you will need to provide some support for the growing plant. anything will do, like a bamboo stick, old umbrella or even string/tali/plastic straw suspended from a sampayan. just loosely tie the stalk of the growing plant to it. for plants like ampalaya and upo you will need a trellis. you can make it of bamboo, wire or strings/plastic straw.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Cathy, before you plant your seed(s), it is best practice to determine the quality of your soil first. There are vegetables that thrive on loamy soil, while there are also vegetables that grow well on sandy soil. Other plants would require clayish to loamy soil.

If you're not too sure on what type of soil you have on your backyard, it would be best to start planting veggies into pots, or unused laundry "palanggana" will do. Fill these with garden mix, and plant your seeds in there. Leave in a shaded area until the seed germinate. If you planted "creepers" i.e. tomato, ampalaya, etc., leave a small trellis of sticks for the vines to hold on.

If you're really serios about it, you can buy garden mix by the volume and dig an area in your backyard where you can fill in the garden mix. This will act as your vegetable patch. See here: Planning Your First Vegetable Garden

The veggies you listed on page one require specific conditions that are not present here in the metro. The weather is one factor. All 7 (seven) of them require upland (a bit cold) weather. Except maybe for scallions.

Happy gardening.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Palagay ko ang bagay sa age ni Ms Cath yung Orchidarium and ornamentals- may greenhouse canopy then auto mist sprinkler. OR..yung low maintenance like sitaw, kamote, cassava, malunggay, plantain na saging, san fernando, ampalaya, okra, kundol, munggo, at patola.

May kilala ako nahilig sa gardening then eventually tinamad dahil wala na oras, naging damuhan ang bakuran

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    san ba nakakabili ng mga buto nito?

PM me asap!

please don't follow me on twitter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1408437641700.jpg   1408437658800.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pwede kaya weather ng Tagaytay to plant peach?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Reviving this thread...

Any recommendation where I can find wide variety of selections for bright colored flowering plants for garden? near Antipolo or QC area.

Planning to landscape my garden but the plant selections I see are very limited.

Would appreciate.

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We go to Manila Seedling. It's in QC

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

open pa ba manila seedling?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Thanks, but I understand it's already closed since 2014. When was the last time you visited it?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    open pa ba manila seedling?
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Thanks, but I understand it's already closed since 2014. When was the last time you visited it?
    I used to go when they were still along EDSA. EQaddict said they moved somewhere in Quezon circle.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast