New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I used to go when they were still along EDSA. EQaddict said they moved somewhere in Quezon circle.

Did a bit of GOOGLING, and found out that previous stalls in Manila Seedling have moved to various places:
    1. QC Memorial Circle
    2. Farmers Market Cubao
    3. Mindanao Ave Garden

I'll visit these places.

Also, many have recommended to visit the CENTRIS Sunday Market as there are many plant sellers from Laguna, Quezon, Batangas, etc.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    I can find wide variety of selections for bright colored flowering plants
    Look for Dupay Seeds Trading in Facebook. They have quite a big selection of ornamental, vegetables, trees, shrub seeds for sale.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Look for Dupay Seeds Trading in Facebook. They have quite a big selection of ornamental, vegetables, trees, shrub seeds for sale.
    Will check this out. Thanks bro.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Did a bit of GOOGLING, and found out that previous stalls in Manila Seedling have moved to various places:
    1. QC Memorial Circle
    2. Farmers Market Cubao
    3. Mindanao Ave Garden

I'll visit these places.

Also, many have recommended to visit the CENTRIS Sunday Market as there are many plant sellers from Laguna, Quezon, Batangas, etc.
    I've been to Centris Sunday Market. Nothing spectacular. How about going to Laguna? They have lots of plant sellers along the National Highway in Bay. This is where we buy plants as well. They even have sculptured plants na.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Or try cartimar in pasay. Doon ako nakabili "Buddha belly" bamboo.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sa mahogany market in tagaytay marami din. but mas mahal siya usually.

sabi din sa akin ng isang farmer friend, laguna daw. but he didnt specify where in laguna. doon daw sila bumibili ng seedlings.

OT: any tips on how to make the flame tree i planted a year ago grow faster? nilalagyan ko ng dried chicken manure every so often yung soil as fertilizer. sabi sa akin pruning daw. hindi naman ako marunong nito.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Pruning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bit technical but no harm in trying.

Flame trees are big (trees). Try applying vermicast, dig a hole in the ground and bury a handful of vermicast in it. Two holes on either side of the tree would be enough, so that the tree roots will reach it.

Scan thru olx, lots of people selling vermicast.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *crazy_boy

just leave it alone for the meantime and let grow taller. pruning would induce new sprouts/branches in side ways, mag-gugubat masyado ang trunk area mo.
    mabilis lang lumaki iyan. i planted one sa libingan ng lola ko for shade purpose in the future and that was a couple of years ago na ga daliri lang yun laki ng trunk nya. mga 10'++ tall na siguro sya ngayon.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Pruning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bit technical but no harm in trying.

Flame trees are big (trees). Try applying vermicast, dig a hole in the ground and bury a handful of vermicast in it. Two holes on either side of the tree would be enough, so that the tree roots will reach it.

Scan thru olx, lots of people selling vermicast.
    ok sir. will try vermicompost also.

Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    *crazy_boy

just leave it alone for the meantime and let grow taller. pruning would induce new sprouts/branches in side ways, mag-gugubat masyado ang trunk area mo.
    mabilis lang lumaki iyan. i planted one sa libingan ng lola ko for shade purpose in the future and that was a couple of years ago na ga daliri lang yun laki ng trunk nya. mga 10'++ tall na siguro sya ngayon.
    regular watering lang ba pwede na?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    ok sir. will try vermicompost also.

regular watering lang ba pwede na?
    kung planted na sa ground don't worry masyado, pero kapag ganitong matindi init mas ok kung regular watering para moist palagi ang soil. direct sunlight ang gusto nyan tho.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast