Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    eto pa con't:

In a few years, I may take advantage of whatever opportunities come my
    way. But I will come home. A borderless world doesn't preclude the
    idea of a home. I'm a Filipino, and I'll always be one. It isn't about
    just geography; it isn't about boundaries. It's about
    giving back to the country that shaped me.

And that's going to be more important to me than seeing snow outside
    my windows on a bright Christmas morning.

Mabuhay and Thank you.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    So, be proud, you are a Filipino,...and not like
    Mr. Art Bell. Please do
    send this to as many persons as you can until it
    reaches him.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    an old one and a HOAX!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile View Post
    an old one and a HOAX!
    Correct.

*bankai: that is such an old hoax. That letter is completely fake. Some moderators might be pissed off to see it here again, as every time it is posted, they either delete or lock the thread.

I suggest you erase it yourself... as it has nothing to do with this topic anyhow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    baka kulang lan sila sa ng knowledge sa geography.

pacific- (asia pacific) islanders - (phil. islands) or something like that kaya pacific islanders ang alam nila :twak:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bhongskie View Post
    Filipinos are not Asians.....

only Filipinas ....

Coz, Filipinos are Asions..... tama ba yon?

ache-che
    This joke is so....... I'm actually laughing....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Guam....... Heh. There's so many Pinoys there it might as well be part of the Philippines.
    Hey I resemble that comment. Most of the locals have Filipino blood also and the culture is the same as the Philippines because of their history. Damn I miss having a beach in my backyard.

Another reason why some Pinoys put pacific islander is because organizations here in the US usually celebrate Asian/Pacific Islander(APA) days/month together so they get confused. Heck, most pinoys here still call the Philippines PI instead of RP and the Philippines hasn't been a PI since the US granted it independence and became a republic. Actually I like what one Filam writer wrote in a column saying we should be called Aspanic=Asian+Hispanic. But the term As and panic doesn't paint a good image.
    Last edited by redorange; December 18th, 2006 at 02:16 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Hey I resemble that comment. Most of the locals have Filipino blood also and the culture is the same as the Philippines because of their history. Damn I miss having in my backyard.

Another reason why some Pinoys put pacific islander is because organizations here in the US usually celebrate Asian/Pacific Islander(APA) days/month together so they get confused. Heck, most pinoys here still call the Philippines PI instead of RP and the Philippines hasn't been a PI since the US granted it independence and became a republic. Actually I like what one Filam writer wrote in a column saying we should be called Aspanic=Asian+Hispanic. But the term As and panic doesn't paint a good image.
    Years ago, we once thought of moving to Guam (my Dad's preference) instead of the Philippines (my Mom's) because of that exact reason. Of course, my Mom won out in the end......

My Dad goes to Guam (or any other US territory) for a few weeks every 2 (or is that 4?) years so that his citizenship isn't put in jeopardy.

Anyway, although I prefer the Asian side of me, the thought of me being a Pacific Islander had occured before when I was much younger.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Years ago, we once thought of moving to Guam (my Dad's preference) instead of the Philippines (my Mom's) because of that exact reason. Of course, my Mom won out in the end......

My Dad goes to Guam (or any other US territory) for a few weeks every 2 (or is that 4?) years so that his citizenship isn't put in jeopardy.

Anyway, although I prefer the Asian side of me, the thought of me being a Pacific Islander had occured before when I was much younger.
    OT

What's the citizenship of your dad and why would it be in jeopardy?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    OT

What's the citizenship of your dad and why would it be in jeopardy?
    US. He was told by both Immigrations and the US Embassy that he must set foot in US soil every few years in order to keep his citizenship. Guam happens to be the closest. That's why he preferred Guam. No need to worry about his citizenship and still close enough to the Philippines.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 18th, 2006 at 02:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Hehe. But don't be too harsh on them. When it comes to U.S. birth certificate forms, they have it just as bad as we do, perhaps even worse. At least, we rightfully belong to the Asian category, which is an option in the form.

Spanish-Americans (or 1st gen peninsulares) wishing to emphasize their heritage have to tick off Hispanic (Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, etc), the rationale being they speak the same language.
    'tis merely a joke on the "bread" typo

btw my spanish friends refuse to tick off the 'hispanic' box. they tick 'caucasian' because of their european features and heritage. back to your earlier point, they do have an option to be considered a minority if it helps them (for getting jobs, admissions or whatnot) and if they so choose. daya! :swear:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Filipinos are not Asians