New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    That's what he thinks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have no gaff with them. I mean, they can believe what they want. But where did Pacific Islanders come from? Where did Pinoys come from? Heck. Where did American Indians come from? If we look back at our prehistory, we all came from Asia. If there's historical evidence that says otherwise, I'm all ears and will learn something new.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Up to the 90s (not sure about present days) U.S. birth certificate forms did not have a Filipino subcategory for race. If my memory serves me right, there were tick boxes for Asian, Anglo-Saxon, Hispanic, Native Americans, African-Americans, and Pacific Islanders.

Sometimes, in filling up the form for an incapacitated new Fil-Am mother, a nurse would check the tick-box for Pacific Islander instead of Asian. The rationale: Philippines is located in the Pacific Ocean, it is made up of islands - hence Filipinos are Pacific Islanders.

I wouldn't be surprised if that guy is actually classified as Pacific Islander in his birth certificate.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    its just sad to see filipinos mortifying their ethnicity because of their personal inability to actualize self-worth.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    nagulat ako when i saw this thread.. hehe im one of those filipinos in that myspace group. i was invited(coz my ethnicity on myspace is pacific islander). anyway i guess naging pacific islander coz were not from mainland asia? notice how all asian contries are like connected? anyhow its no biggie for me. when i was in the us (this is funny but true) a couple of people asked me what half of me is (i asked what they meant) race wise, they thought i was half mexican(ppsshh) i didnt say im asian i said im pure FILIPINO!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    anyway i guess naging pacific islander coz were not from mainland asia? notice how all asian contries are like connected?
    By that logic, Okinawans and Iwo Jimans would be islanders as well as the Taiwanese. But, I wouldn't be able to tell that to their faces.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    not worth wasting my time with and it doesn't matter to me as long as they don't call me a monkey :rant:...

anyway i was onced asked if i was an afghani & others thought i was half pakistani & half filipino :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    we are all half bread spanyards.
    the origininal filipinos are igorot,mangyan,etc.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    OT na pero mas nagagalit ako sa mga filipinos who no longer consider themselves filipinos dahil half na sila or iba na ang citizenship.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    So, Australia is also a Pacific Islander?

Eh, who cares? Doesn't matter. Just more stuff to laugh at

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Filipinos are not Asians