New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i think one problem here is may mga parents "binebeybi" ang mga anak, that includes me, "di ko hahayaan mangyari sa anak ko yung mga hirap ko nung bata" true enough yun nga nangyayari, as a parent we never realize na yung hirap ang bumubuo sa ating pagkatao. experience ika nga.

napansin ko yan sa kwento ng mga magulang at lola ko, kwento ni lola nung kabataan nya may dala syang isang sakong bigas sa balikat lalakad papunta sa kabilang bayan para ihatid ito. norm sa kanila noon yun, pero ngayon mo gawin sa kabataan yan at child abuse ang ipaparatang sa yo.

sa tatay ko naman pag may sugat sila, pag pinaliliguan sila ng magulang nila, sabon lang katapat ng sugat, kakayurin ng bimpong may sabon yung sugat at mamumuti sa linis, bubunghalit ang tatay ko ng iyak, bumubwelo pa lang ng iyak tatay ko at humuhugot ng hininga para umiyak eh bubuhusan na ni lola ng tubig sa mukha para banlawan, ayun imbis na bumunghalit ng iyak nalunod sa buhos ng tubig.

pero nung ako na may sugat, tatay ko gumagamot, ingat na ingat tatay ko, hinihipan pa yung sugat habang nilalagyan ng gamot para di masakit, malayong malayo sa ginagawa ng magulang nila. ngayon bahira na naglalakad hanggang sa susunod na bayan, mga kabataan ngayon lalabas lang ng kanto aarkila pa ng sidecar/padyak, ayaw mainitan ayaw pagpawisan, may mga lalaki pa nga na may payong pa ayaw mainitan.

and true enough kahit ako binebeybi mga anak ko, nung kabataan ko elemntary pa lang nakakapagbike na ko sa kalsada at nakakapunta sa malayo, sumasakay na ko jeep magisa, ngayon sa mga anak ko di ko maturuan mag commute, bawat punatahan nila hatid ng kotse, wala kasi akong tiwala sa mga tricycle driver sa min.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation? | The Atlantic

Jean M. Twenge
    September 2017 issue

One day last summer, around noon, I called Athena, a 13-year-old who lives in Houston, Texas... She told me she’d spent most of the summer hanging out alone in her room with her phone. That’s just the way her generation is, she said. “We didn’t have a choice to know any life without iPads or iPhones. I think we like our phones more than we like actual people.”

I’ve been researching generational differences for 25 years, starting when I was a 22-year-old doctoral student in psychology. Typically, the characteristics that come to define a generation appear gradually, and along a continuum. Beliefs and behaviors that were already rising simply continue to do so. Millennials, for instance, are a highly individualistic generation, but individualism had been increasing since the Baby Boomers turned on, tuned in, and dropped out. I had grown accustomed to line graphs of trends that looked like modest hills and valleys. Then I began studying Athena’s generation.

Around 2012, I noticed abrupt shifts in teen behaviors and emotional states. The gentle slopes of the line graphs became steep mountains and sheer cliffs, and many of the distinctive characteristics of the Millennial generation began to disappear. In all my analyses of generational data—some reaching back to the 1930s—I had never seen anything like it.
    The more I pored over yearly surveys of teen attitudes and behaviors, and the more I talked with young people like Athena, the clearer it became that theirs is a generation shaped by the smartphone and by the concomitant rise of social media. I call them iGen. Born between 1995 and 2012, members of this generation are growing up with smartphones, have an Instagram account before they start high school, and do not remember a time before the internet.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    kaya nga prepare your boides for war. i always called this gadget generation as the lost generation. kasi they live on a different world eh. eh sa pagkaalam ko nature has a way of correcting these things. it is beyond our control. the last time this happened was in world war 1 after the age of reason and age of romance. young people back then read so many books and literature. while others congregated in coffee shops and exchange ideas about mass destruction using the sprouting new factories as building weaponsof mass destruction

tignan nyo nangyari sa belgium, parents of peace time Europe sent their kids to war against Germany thinking na the war will give their children pride kasi basa lang sila ng basa ng mga flattering books at the time.

so what did these kids meet in Germany, minachine sila ng mga tauhan ng Kaiser, aka the german people. suddenly the glory of lining up in rows in wars with swords and george washington style warfare proved no match to a two-man machine gun. so trnech warfare got invented , the equivalent of hell on earth living with rats, soil bacterias, congestion and diseases.

mahirap kasi puro learning and basa lang. and yan ang mga magulang ngaun, in krispy kreme alone, i see kids slouching sa mga sofas playing with their smarphones not socializing tapos nakataas pa mga paa. the sight is so disgusting talaga. is this the next generation? a classic example of technology making people look dumber

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    when i was a child, you rarely see me at home in the afternoons...ill be catching spiders or playing basketball...ill just come home when i was tired or hungry, i did a little CAT in highschool but i got picked in the varsity so i was exempted, ROTC was fun, sort of....but when i injured myself playing ball, i skipped the last two sems due to medical reason...they gave me a pass coz of that....pero now, kids feel entitled...didnt know how it happened...maybe its our fault

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    kaya nga prepare your boides for war. i always called this gadget generation as the lost generation. kasi they live on a different world eh. eh sa pagkaalam ko nature has a way of correcting these things. it is beyond our control. the last time this happened was in world war 1 after the age of reason and age of romance. young people back then read so many books and literature. while others congregated in coffee shops and exchange ideas about mass destruction using the sprouting new factories as building weaponsof mass destruction

tignan nyo nangyari sa belgium, parents of peace time Europe sent their kids to war against Germany thinking na the war will give their children pride kasi basa lang sila ng basa ng mga flattering books at the time.

so what did these kids meet in Germany, minachine sila ng mga tauhan ng Kaiser, aka the german people. suddenly the glory of lining up in rows in wars with swords and george washington style warfare proved no match to a two-man machine gun. so trnech warfare got invented , the equivalent of hell on earth living with rats, soil bacterias, congestion and diseases.

mahirap kasi puro learning and basa lang. and yan ang mga magulang ngaun, in krispy kreme alone, i see kids slouching sa mga sofas playing with their smarphones not socializing tapos nakataas pa mga paa. the sight is so disgusting talaga. is this the next generation? a classic example of technology making people look dumber
    wala na kasi ang pmt at rotc...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I don't think kids today are dumb. Both of my kids have active social lives. My eldest kid have some of her college friends staying at our house for the weekend. My youngest kid is active in after-school extracurricular activities such as choir and track (running outside) as well as doing piano recitals. My eldest kid is far more aware of her health than many people of the older generations. I like to think I played the part of a good role model to her.

If anything, they know how to multitask better than us older folks. It's true the smartphone and video games are much too prevalent among the current generation. But, to my kids, they are an addition to their activities, not a replacement.

Before we start criticizing the younger generation, we should first look at ourselves in the mirror. Does that person staring back at me look fit instead of fat and disgusting and takes a lot of medication because that person never took care of himself while he was younger?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, i am confident that in every generation, bar none, there is always someone saying... "kayong mga bata kayo! in our time..."

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    This thread is as dumb as those "which decade had the best music" threads. I've been a college teacher since 1980, and I've seen hundreds of students come and go. While each batch found their own way of navigating their socio-cultural journeys, I think they all could have adjusted if they were transplanted into another time and space.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, i am confident that in every generation, bar none, there is always someone saying... "kayong mga bata kayo! in our time..."
    Sometimes, we like to compare ourselves to our kids when we were their age. We like to think we had it hard. But, you know. Those older than us would say the same thing about them when comparing themselves to us.

My dad did it too. But, he really had a hard time, considering he got orphaned as a 12-year old in WW2 and had to care (by himself) for his younger brothers and sisters. ;)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Sometimes, we like to compare ourselves to our kids when we were their age. We like to think we had it hard. But, you know. Those older than us would say the same thing about them when comparing themselves to us.

My dad did it too. But, he really had a hard time, considering he got orphaned as a 12-year old in WW2 and had to care (by himself) for his younger brothers and sisters. ;)
    my dad's (and yours, too) generation had it really hard. they lived thru WWII. i can not even imagine the horror. but they don't talk too much about it.
    compared to them, taob lahat tayo.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The dumbest generation?