New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my dad's (and yours, too) generation had it really hard. they lived thru WWII. i can not even imagine the horror. but they don't talk too much about it.
    compared to them, taob lahat tayo.
    My Lolo (Dad's dad) was born in 1917. He constructed our vacation house in the province to have a secret hide out, he said in case there is a war, our family could hide there. I am not sure if he was serious about it! I loved that house. I am not kidding that the entrance to this hide out was through a bookshelf (you can push it to open) My Lolo also had spotlights all over the property. He was a really cool lolo

BTT: I think kids are smarter now. I'm not sure about the EQ though. It's like we are breeding a generation of narcissists. And BTW I believe in spanking. I was spanked by my Dad as a kid and my Dad is still and will always be the number 1 man in my life. I even think he did the right thing spanking me hehehe
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 5th, 2017 at 11:39 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ... note to self ... she likes to be spanked ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my dad's (and yours, too) generation had it really hard. they lived thru WWII. i can not even imagine the horror. but they don't talk too much about it.
    compared to them, taob lahat tayo.
    My dad refused to buy anything Japanese until very late in his life. So, he probably experienced something very traumatic. None of my uncles or aunts talked about it.

My mom lived through the war as well. But, she, grandma, and all my aunts (on my mom's side) were consistent in saying the Japanese navy personnel (at Cavite) were more disciplined and well-behaved than their army counterparts elsewhere in the area. I often wondered if these were the same navy personnel who put up the fanatical resistance in Manila during their retreat.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    "i guess it's still the way
    It used to be......"

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    This thread is as dumb as those "which decade had the best music" threads. I've been a college teacher since 1980, and I've seen hundreds of students come and go. While each batch found their own way of navigating their socio-cultural journeys, I think they all could have adjusted if they were transplanted into another time and space.
    ibeleive in rotten apple scenario, if 90% of ipad tsblet smartphone wielding young people are dumb, there's nothing the other 10% perofrming can do.

parang private pubkic lang yan, asan ang mga ka generstion natin na nag bulakbol taposs nag join na lang sa gobyerno para gumawa ng pers

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The generational war continues! Defiant millennials blast Gen Z for insisting older people must give up skinny jeans, laughing emoji, and wearing their hair in a side part because they are no longer 'cool' | Daily Mail
    By Erica Tempesta
    5 February 2021

Millennials are hitting back at Gen Zers who are mocking them for wearing skinny jeans, rocking side parts, and using laughing emoji, superiorly pointing out that the younger generation used to eat laundry detergent pods for fun.

The generational war between the two groups continues to rage on TikTok, with Gen Z fueling the fire with their recent condemnation of the skinny jeans beloved by millennials.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    It is a sign that you peoplle are getting old.

Every older generation thinks that the young are dumb, lazy and selfish. Exactly how my lola was to my dad.

"The rising generation cannot spell...; its English is slipshod and commonplace.... Veteran teachers are saying that never in their experience were young people so thirstily avid of pleasure as now... so selfish" Cornelia Corner, 1911.
    the above was posted here, seven years ago.

"timeless."
    heh heh.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
The dumbest generation?