New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    umzzzzz: yes, prof!!!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    oooops, sineryoso pala margaux yung biro ko na start a new thread. anyway mas maganda nga to para iwas OT. base form previous post(in this thread) i think the best solution is to get a student permit and practice with nugundam at the fort and with ummzzzz at vermont.:lol: siguro naman accelerated na driving lesson mo nyan. mukha namang, accomodating yung dalawa(nugundam & umzzz). and i think honda yung kay umzzz(di ko lang sure kung cvt). pag ganun de parang masasagot mo na yung question mo about mx and cvt.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    margaux, madali lang mag-aral mag-drive. but be aware that it is a continuous learning process.

i suggest you start with a manual transmission. sa auto kasi, para ka lang naglalaro. if im not mistaken, you were the one who wants to get a CVT-equipped car, aren't you? mas ma-eenjoy mo yun kapag marunong ka sa manual at the convenience of an A/T.

OT: hehe. sinasabi ko na nga ba yun mga A1 instructors e me masamang motibo e. one time i'm reading their policy on the driving school it says like this: "no chaperons allowed"... kaya ako, plan ko talaga is ako na lang ang mag-tuturo sa gf ko...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Tama si ian rex, start with manual tranny first, that way when you switch to automatic tranny, it only takes a while to get the hang of it.Those who have never driven manual trannys usually takes a longer period of adjustment when they finally do drive one.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Tama si ian rex, start with manual tranny first, that way when you switch to automatic tranny, it only takes a while to get the hang of it.Those who have never driven manual trannys usually takes a longer period of adjustment when they finally do drive one.
    That's the best way to start. But, you still have to be careful because your left foot will be accustomed to a clutch. I learned to drive M/T first. But, when I had to drive my aunt's A/T minivan for a lube, my left foot kept looking for a clutch. Guess which pedal in an automatic feels like a clutch?

Yup, the brakes. On the go from a stoplight, My right hand unconsciously looked for a stickshift and didn't find any. My left foot looked for a clutch, found the brakes, and the van lurched to a smoking stop. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind us.........

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    That's the best way to start. But, you still have to be careful because your left foot will be accustomed to a clutch. I learned to drive M/T first. But, when I had to drive my aunt's A/T minivan for a lube, my left foot kept looking for a clutch. Guess which pedal in an automatic feels like a clutch?
    Yup, the brakes. On the go from a stoplight, My right hand unconsciously looked for a stickshift and didn't find any. My left foot looked for a clutch, found the brakes, and the van lurched to a smoking stop. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind us.........
    My sis had a similar incident...unfortunately..the mini bus behind her hit her. She wasnt hurt luckily.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    also, i had one similar experience of seeking clutch in a A/T. but then after a few blocks, i adjusted and became aware there's no clutch at all.

the very reason why i suggested to learn in the M/T first is because, you'll never knew when you might need the skills. better to keep it in as a stock knowledge. sure, it's very convenient driving an Auto. but i prefer manual over anything else.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    also, i had one similar experience of seeking clutch in a A/T. but then after a few blocks, i adjusted and became aware there's no clutch at all.

the very reason why i suggested to learn in the M/T first is because, you'll never knew when you might need the skills. better to keep it in as a stock knowledge. sure, it's very convenient driving an Auto. but i prefer manual over anything else.
    Youre 100% right. During the first time driving an automatic (after driving M/T a while), make sure to have presence of mind with no distractions. It's when we're distracted that we start to drive by instinct.

Edit: I forgot to add that when my right hand looked for a stickshift, it found my wife's thigh instead which wasn't too bad until I hit the brakes. Then, it was another session of "kurot sa tenga".
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 19th, 2006 at 10:21 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    jun: hahahahaha aliw yun ah. :D

how come i don't "look for the stickshift but find a thigh" instead when i have a female friend beside me? heheh.

happened to me na rin, after i got to borrow my tita's manual lancer GLi for 2 days nung nag-batangas kami, when i drove the pajero uli after that, i was trying to depress an imaginary clutch to start the car up.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Youre 100% right. During the first time driving an automatic (after driving M/T a while), make sure to have presence of mind with no distractions. It's when we're distracted that we start to drive by instinct.

Edit: I forgot to add that when my right hand looked for a stickshift, it found my wife's thigh instead which wasn't too bad until I hit the brakes. Then, it was another session of "kurot sa tenga".

hahaha. ok yun a. :D

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Driving Lessons for Margaux