New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ngek hehehe.

oks, salamat dudez...

badtrip nga eh, pati yun command and conquer generals super bagal!

meron kaya sa XBOX nyan?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    At the moment there are only plans to release DOOM 3 on PC and X-Box.
    from John Carmack
    There are interesting things to be said about the upcoming cards,but NDAs will force me to just discuss the available cards. In order frombest to worst for DOOM: · I still think that overall, the GeForce 4Ti is the best card you can buy. It has high speed and excellent driver quality.· Based on the feature set, the Radeon 8500 should be a faster cardfor DOOM than the GF4, because it can do the seven texture accesses that I need in a single pass, while it takes two or three passes (depending on details)on the GF4. However, in practice, the GF4 consistently runs faster due toa highly efficient implementation. For programmers, the 8500 has a much nicerfragment path than the GF4, with more general features and increased precision, but the driver quality is still quite a ways from Nvidia's, so I would bea little hesitant to use it as a primary research platform.

· The GF4-MX is a very fast card for existing games, but it is lesswell suited to DOOM, due to the lower texture unit count and the lack of vertexshaders.

· On a slow CPU with all features enabled, the GF3 will be faster thanthe GF4-MX, because it offloads some work. On systems with CPU power to burn,the GF4 may still be faster.

· The 128 bit DDR GF2 systems will be faster than the Radeon-7500 systems,again due to low level implementation details overshadowing the extra textureunit.

· The slowest cards will be the 64 bit and SDR ram GF and Radeon cards,which will really not be fast enough to play the game properly unless yourun at 320x240 or so.
    Last edited by roninblade; August 4th, 2004 at 04:30 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep in mind that those comments were made a long time ago, when the latest crop of cards were not yet available

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mali ata yung page na tinignan ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    roninblade, yup. the cards mentioned in your quote are rather obsolete

The cards to have now are the nVidia GeForce 6800 U/GT/NU and the ATI Radeon X800 series. The top-of-lines of which cost around 30-36K.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Finished playing the game yesterday. Graphics are not that impressive, mas maganda pa rin yung Far Cry. Setting ko is at high. All the previous creatures from Doom are there. Complaint ko is sobrang haba. Nakulitan ako I turned on the GOD mode para lang makita ang ending.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mbt -- puede yung doom 3 sa voodoo laptop computers

grrrr, i only i can get my hands on a voodoo :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    voodoo?? but wasn't the voodoo5 a huge flop (not to mention unavailable for laptops?)? plus, 3dfx was absorbed by nvidia a long time ago

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alienware laptops meron dito sa atin! sa pccorner nagbebenta, 200k!!! the ultimate mobile gaming notebook yung tag line sa laptop :fire:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang saya ng Doom3!!! Scary! Good thing my FX5900 is up to the task

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Doom 3