New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Guys, aside from Paypal ano pa ibang way? Expecting money next week, Paypal is not an option since madami pang gagawin -- create Paypal account, Unionbank EON account (to verify) and/or another bank account.

Kahit malaki ang bawas ayos lang

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Remittance

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ajOT View Post
    Remittance
    Would love to hear details

LOL wala ako alam sa mga ganyan eh, don't even have a bank account. Di ko naman pwede ipadaan sa mommy ko baka di ko na makuha

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    oh I see...
    you just have to go to your preferred bank and open up an account (savings/checking) then just simply inform the CSR that you are opening an account for Remittance purposes...
    anyway Remittance services takes day(s) before you are able to get the money... if the money was sent out in US on Monday, you will be able to get it after 3 days... so that's like Thursday... you also have to count no. of days by Business days - M to F excluding weekends and Holidays...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I see. But I really don't like the idea of putting my money elsewhere even with a bank. Anyway, is it possible to get the money through a normal BDO account? If not, will there be a way? Thinking if I will just have it transferred through my friend.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I see. But I really don't like the idea of putting my money elsewhere even with a bank. Anyway, is it possible to get the money through a normal BDO account? If not, will there be a way? Thinking if I will just have it transferred through my friend.
    uhm its really up to you... the bank is the safest way where we can deposit/keep our money... it is safe and reliable... unless the money youre getting is money laundered, then that is a different story...

Anyway, is it possible to get the money through a normal BDO account?
    - what do you mean by this? i think it is like what ive said like opening an account, then get the money from the bank through ATM or OTC

Thinking if I will just have it transferred through my friend.
    - i dunno if you really entrusting youre friend with this. where talking about monetary means in here... If you are getting the money from a friend, and youre friend is the account holder, you are now considered a third party and the bank has nothing to do with you if problem arises...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yup I completely trust my friends when moving money. They all have bank accounts and one of them is not that busy to take the money and give it to me.

So pwede kaya yun, from a bank in the US - BDO account?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    how about Western Union
    less hassle..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I prefer a bank which is what we do for relatives. But if it's a one-time transfer, Western Union if it's available.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How do you guys do it with Western Union? Yes Jun, it's a one time thing. A friend will pay me for something. Ideas about the charge and process will be much appreciated

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Receiving money from the US