New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looking good while driving frugally
    By Lester Dizon
    The Philippine STAR 04/06/2005

On an early Sunday morning, I loaded my wife Shawie (she was my navigator) and my daughter Vette (she’s my good-luck charm) into the BMW 120 and proceeded to the Shell station at Fort Bonifacio. On the way there, I diced with a driver of a Ferrari Maranello 550 who must’ve been irked that a 4-cylinder German hatchback dared to challenge his V-12 Italian GT machine on EDSA. I overtook the silver GT on the bridge in Guadalupe but he stormed pass me after the Rockwell overpass. Duh! Driver, wife and daughter in a 5-door 4-banger against a single occupant in a two-seat twelve-cylinder GT — you do the math. Of course, I lost! But he had a hard time shaking me off his tail. And besides, we were turning into the Fort anyway… (Kids, please don’t try this at home. Racing is done by professionals and should only be held in a controlled environment.)

Still smug from the impromptu road race .....................

Find it absurd he comments "racing is done by professionals and should only be held in a controlled environment"

Whoever is the editor of this paper should have edited or totally trashed this article, street racing is ILLEGAL, whether you have an econobox or a Ferrari.

Kaya dumadami mga gago magmaneho diyan sa atin e, dahil mga "motoring journalist" kuno e imbes na tungkol sa road courtesy, manners ang isulat e kung ano anong kabulastugan pa.

But he had a hard time shaking me off his tail.
    Is he dreaming?

Another example of irresposible journalism. He should atleast be given a notice for his actions by his superiors. What an A-Hole... and to think that he was with his wife and kid.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is this a real motoring journalist or one of those lifestyle section reporters who go out and test drive cars when they're not reporting celebrity gossip or where the best place to wax your legs is?

anyway, like ILD said, [size=5]THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL[/SIZE] a 550 maranello will not leave any 4-cylinder car behind like it's standing still. either he's flat-out lying to make his story more exciting, or they were both stuck in traffic (which is also lying...by omission)

keep dreaming.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    waw. so contradictory. racing is done by pros in a controlled environ...and what's he doing? exactly the opposite. so irresponsible den.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm, I guess being a motoring journalist makes good money. Note that he drives a BMW 120.

And he is street racing with his wife and kid. What is more irresponsible for a journalist is his stupidity that he published that article then quotes, "Racing is done by professionals and should only be held in a controlled environment" as if to justify his article for whatever reason.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the way there, I diced with a driver of a Ferrari Maranello 550 who must’ve been irked that a 4-cylinder German hatchback dared to challenge his V-12 Italian GT machine on EDSA
    Looks like he's the one who initiated the "race".

But he had a hard time shaking me off his tail.
    Tell that to him when they are at the NLEX.

And besides, we were turning into the Fort anyway
    Another lame excuse to blow up his punctured ego?

Or maybe... he is just having the illusion that he was racing a Ferrari... when all the time the Ferrari driver was actually just cruising or fiddling with his sound system. :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yeah, malamang pinaglalaruan lang siya ng 550 driver at the most serious. heheh.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sabi ko na nga ba eh..

too much fast and the furious is BAAAAAAAD for you.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reminds me of the story from the protegetech boards...

a 323 & civic were dicing it out in the highways at around 160kph. when suddenly a Ferrari came out of nowhere and overtook them like they were standing still. this shocked them back to reality and promptly stopped their fooling around.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    ES TI YOU PI AI DI DRIVER!!! with his kid and wifey on board...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Comment from a motoring journalist