New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Just my opinion but the 1 Series was created for for people who just want to have the BMW badge. What I can say is the writer is "feeling".
    I agree, and I'll be frank with you all. The 1 Series is an ugly overpriced excuse for a BMW.

Betcha all a fleet of small cars that the story was made up. Not only is it far-fetched, but you don't exactly meet a Ferrari Maranello 550 too often on EDSA, don't you?

Or perhaps the Ferrari driver was driving very conservatively because he was also part of the fuel economy run!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    all bimmers r overpriced. only 2nd hand bimmers r worth buying unless ur filthy rich.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hell, I'd go as to say that all EUROCARS are overpriced!

The Audi A4 for example, costs almost twice as much as a Honda Accord V6. Yet, the Audi's interior feels very cheap and cheesy compared to the Accord... those cupholders on the A4 made me twitch.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    in the philippines, prestige is more expensive than reliability hehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Give me a Kia Picanto over the BMW 1 Series any day. For the price of a 1 Series, I'll buy a whole set of Picantos in different colors, and not care whether or not Columbia Motors steps all over me. I would never sacrifice my personal taste for some overrated manufacturer's badge. But I guess some people would rather look baduy for "prestige".

And oh, thinking of the cupholders on the Audi still makes me twitch. They really feel as if they're going to fall off the moment you actually stick a cup full of liquid on that thing.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; April 12th, 2005 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    I agree, and I'll be frank with you all. The 1 Series is an ugly overpriced excuse for a BMW.

Betcha all a fleet of small cars that the story was made up. Not only is it far-fetched, but you don't exactly meet a Ferrari Maranello 550 too often on EDSA, don't you?

Or perhaps the Ferrari driver was driving very conservatively because he was also part of the fuel economy run!
    If thats the case, then he's a sorry excuse for a motoring journalist. What a waste. But he can make a good writter.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    ...thinking of the cupholders on the Audi still makes me twitch. They really feel as if they're going to fall off the moment you actually stick a cup full of liquid on that thing.
    OT: Actually, may mas vulnerable pa dyan. Nakasakay na ako sa A4 ng manager ko, at napansin ko na sira yung hinge ng glove compartment niya. Hindi pa nga daw niya napapa-ayos eh. Balak na nga niyang ibenta, only because he'll be a dad soon and he's considering going back to a Pajero as his family car. Pero mukha ngang fragile yung cupholders.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    IF indeed the story was made up, he's an idiot to pit the 1 series against the 550 Maranello. cant he think of a more equal euro car to compare against? maybe in his mind BMW almost=Ferrarri LOL

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Waaaaaaah... see? SEE! I have supporting claims! Wheee....

*goes crazy*

Just kiddin. I knew I wasn't the only one who thinks the A4's interior felt really cheesy, heck Bogeyman's manager proved it!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    buti may cupholder sa A4, my E36 dont even have a single cupholder as standard %$^*&

Comment from a motoring journalist