New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hello, mga katsikot

anyone here knows the procedure of changing one's name, either full name or just the family name?. . .how much will it cost?

salamat in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Vito, its stated in RA 9048. Check www.census.gov.ph

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Uhurrmmm......if you don't mind, ano ba yung name na papalitan?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ganda siguro pag "secret" ang name ko. Pag tinanong ako kung ano pangalan ko ay sasabihin kung... "Secret."

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what I know is it's gonna be a long process, mag file ka pa sa court of something

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, there are 2 ways.

The Gunigundo Law (RA no. 9048) allows a person to change his 1st name by applying with the Local Civil Registrar and submitting the required documents, paying the fees and complying with the publication of notices. Note that any changes in the entry to the Certificate of Birth of the applicant is limited to the change in 1st name, or correction of clerical errors.

The other way is to go to the RTC and file a petition for change of name under Rule 103 of the Rules of Court. The rules here are more stringent and the petitioner should give sufficient proof and reasonable cause before the RTC can favorably grant the petition.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hello,
    i am a newbie to this forum.Just joined for discussing what's in my mind here.I would surely love to be an active member and add up my views here.
    if anyone is eager in finding a good lawyer for himself can click the link below

Legalx Lawyer Directory will help you in locating lawyers and law firms nationwide that can help you with all your legal issues. Search more than 350,000 lawyer listings by geographic location and areas of expertise such as DUI, Divorce, Personal Injury, Criminal Law and More. Use our extensive Attorney Directory database to find an experienced Professional Fast.

Eliza

lawyer search

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    maraming salamat sa mga replies, guys. . .

*chua, it's not me, a friend of mine wants to drop his surname and use her mother's kasi she doesn't want to carry her father's name. . .he left them when she was still little. . .sorry, can't divulge the name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Changing names