New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ecozone View Post
    there's only one cdr-king branch i know na hindi ka pipila, and that is the trinoma branch sa ibaba facing sm
    How about the one in Pasay Road, just across Park Square? Usually, ako lang mag-isa doon. Ambait nga ng mga saleslady doon. Wanted to buy an MP3 player and was looking at a particular model, then they suggested not to buy it kasi sirain daw. In fact, they pinpointed each model what not to buy, kasi binabalik daw ng mga bumibili after a few days.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    CDR-King can also power your office.

http://www.cdrking.com/?mod=products...d=2023&main=36
    Seriously, A WINDMILL?!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've been a long fan of CD-R King and have tried a hell lot of their products.

And what I've learned is that you get what you pay for. From half a decade of using CD-R King products, here are a few things from the top of my head that I can say about their products:

Memory Cards: From my first phone with a memory card a few years back, I've always bought from CD-R King. Their prices are at least 40% cheaper than retail stores in the mall, and aren't fake (as compared to some Greenhills ones). Plus, memory card brands are about the same - Transcend, Kingston, etc. However, for my PSP, I actually bought a fake Sony MS Pro from Greenhills, 8 GB for 1k. This was because the MS Pro CD-R King carries cost 1.5k for the 4GB version, and they also had an original Sony version which is of course north of 2k.

Flash Drives: Ha, you think you're getting a bargain by buying CD-R King flash drives? Well think again. If you're an ordinary user who uses it to copy word files or other minor things, it's fine. You can get a 2 GB flash drive for around 350. However, if you copy a lot of big files, like movies, folders of music, games, ****, etc, you should be wary that their Kingston and generic flash drives have very low write rates. On average, a CD-R King flash drive copies at around 2.5 MB/s. On the other hand, my 4 year old Toshiba flash drive can copy at 5.5 MB/s. And even better, my Imation Nano flash drive can copy at 8-10 MB/s. They do sell some higher quality flash drives, but these are also a hundred or so more expensive than the normal ones. So you have to research a bit on what flash drive you buy, the specs aren't all the same and they run deeper than just memory. As for me, I'll shell out 20% more to get a flash drive that copies 100% faster.

Steering Wheels and PC Peripherals: I was on a really tight budget back then but I wanted to try out a steering wheel, so I got one of theirs, cost me 680 pesos. It didn't have a motor that returned the wheel to center when you turn it, instead it had a spring. Its force feedback was worse than a PS1 controller. It had paddle shifters but if you use it, you lose pedal functionality because they are recognized as the same buttons. And the pedal assembly broke after 3 months. I bought a Logitech Momo afterwards, and boy was my 3,700 worth it over that monstrosity.

I've also bought a couple of computer mice from CD-R King. Well. They're 120 pesos, but they break easily. Especially the scroll wheel. I think you're better off buying basic Genius or A4Tech mice. They're around 200-300 pesos. So to get its worth, they have to last twice as long, and so far my cheapo Genius mouse still works like a charm. Though I have to note I'm a really heavy PC user so maybe for light users the CD-R King mouse won't break. That said, usually CD-R King mouse designs are better than the basic Genius/A4Tech. My mouse looks like a cockroach.

PC Parts (Video Cards, PCI Devices, Monitors, PSU, Case): Just go to Gilmore for these. I would never risk my other PC components with a CD-R King part. Especially my PSU. Sure, 1k lang yung 750W PSU nila, but the 3k you skimped by not buying a Corsair/HEC unit could fry your other components worth 30k.

Interestingly, the 22" monitor from CD-R King costs 9.8k. And it's not even LED. Nor does it have a high contrast ratio. I bought my AOC e2236VW for 8k and it's leagues better than that CD-R King monitor.

Speakers: Oh dear. Please just save up for an Altec Lansing/Logitech set. Tunog lata.

I could go on with all their products, but here's the thing I've noticed - they're really not quality products. And that's a shame, because I'm the type who invests in quality products when it comes to tech stuff. The only CD-R King products I have now are:
    - A card reader (more expensive ones aren't better anyway)
    - VGA Cable (any cable from CD-R King is about as good as your ACE Hardware Cable, except probably the HDMI Cables. That said, my Sony HDMI cable just broke so screw Sony for being expensive and useless. I might get an HDMI cable from CD-R King soon)
    - Cellphone memory cards (as said above, they're not slower than the more expensive ones)
    - Screen Protectors (they don't undergo load anyway, so you don't need a sturdy screen protector)
    - Basically, anything that doesn't undergo physical stress, and is not a critical component of my computers.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    How about the one in Pasay Road, just across Park Square? Usually, ako lang mag-isa doon. Ambait nga ng mga saleslady doon. Wanted to buy an MP3 player and was looking at a particular model, then they suggested not to buy it kasi sirain daw. In fact, they pinpointed each model what not to buy, kasi binabalik daw ng mga bumibili after a few days.
    That's good to hear. Minsan kasi yung mga saleslady dun antipatika and bobo.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Syempre mababa ang sahod. You get what you paid for...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cables, blank discs and memory card lang binibili ko sa kanila.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i bought my headphones sa CD-R King and i have to say im pretty impressed. nice xbass and hanggang ngayun oks pa magnda pa tunog.. sira na nga lang yung foam kaya yun... pero as is nagwowork pa rin cia ng maganda after mga 5 years na to sakin! ^^,m

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ayaw ko ng sistema sa cdrking sa sm marikina na pipila ka pa. sa ibang branch ok lang. dun kasi kulang staff nila. masyadong matagal. suplada pa mga tindera. kahit magtatanong ka lang kelangan pa pumila. :twak:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ecozone View Post
    there's only one cdr-king branch i know na hindi ka pipila, and that is the trinoma branch sa ibaba facing sm
    Robinson's Otis Manila, wala din pila

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CDR-King Ali-Mall Cubao branch doesn't have that much people lining up when I last went there.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
CDR-King - shockingly, not just computer stuff anymore!