New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paoloalcantara View Post
    thanks very much guys for your opinions! so yun palang m110 engine ang sinasabi nilang medyo malakas sa gas... just curious, is the M110 2.8 engine newer or older the 2.6 M103?

pao
    The M110 is older than the M103, there were 2 versions of the M110, one is carburated and the other is fuel injected, the carburated M110 was replaced by the 2.6 M103, while the fuel injected version was replaced by the 3.0 version of the M103.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a W124-300E... slightly bigger in engine displacement than the 260E... fuel mileage is the same for both models though...

7 to 8kms per liter on the average in city driving.. you can get a 10 on the highway on moderate speeds.. (no kidding)..

It's more a question on "What will you do with your Benz?" If you will be using it on an everyday basis, then the more practical W124 is your best bet. If you want a weekend highway cruiser, then a W126 is your candidate!

+100 dun sa mga sinabi ni Ron... he has both examples in showroom condition... pag nakita mo pa yung dating SD ng partner-in-crime ni Ron... naku... tulo laway mo... ooops.. OT na..

I want a W126 too... ... (bisyo na ito)..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    and where can I find these w126s kaya?
    Like what Francis just mentioned, you just missed another club member's SD. BOY! If money was not an issue or kung nawawalis lang.... I's get that SD in a heartbeat!

To give you a visual, here are some pics of THAT SD we are referring to:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Holy crap what a beaut! And it's DIESEL

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post

pag nakita mo pa yung dating SD ng partner-in-crime ni Ron... naku... tulo laway mo...

I want a W126 too... ... (bisyo na ito)..

*Francis, nagsisisi na nga yung mama kung bakit pa nya binenta yung 300SD nya, kaya napapaisip tuloy na mag w126 ulit.

*paoloalcantara, my friend who owned the 300SD in the pics also had a w124 before, pero ni minsan, di nya hinahanaphanap yun, pero yung w126 iba ang dating sa kanya kaya gusto magka w126 ulit. Pero he wants a gas engine this time around kung papalarin.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Like what Francis just mentioned, you just missed another club member's SD. BOY! If money was not an issue or kung nawawalis lang.... I's get that SD in a heartbeat!

wow, that was NICE! nabenta na ito? for how much! just curious...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    It sold for 370k

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Holy crap what a beaut! And it's DIESEL
    And it's even a 1983 model!

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    It sold for 370k
    And if I may add, the price from which he sold his SD is HIGH is to compare to the "average market price"..... but at the condition it was, it sure did come "CHEAP" if you know what I mean.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    had a w126 280S with 2.8 m110 inline-6 engine.

i agree with ron, for a big car the 126 is not difficult to drive. PUV's really tend to give way.

as for gas consumption. medyo malakas talga kaya better hunt for a diesel unit.

as for parts. konti lang naging paayusin sa w126 ko kasi naayos na halos lahat nung previous owner. lalo na suspension napalitan nya lahat.

na miss ko tuloy 126 ko

ganito yung sa akin dati
    was that car of yours a 280S and not a 280SE? did that have a carb engine? and does that 280S have the same fuel consumption as the SE model? why did you sell the car? i'm a bit curious...

and from what you said medyo malakas sa gas, mga gaano kalakas? in kilometers per liter and in comparison to bigger japanese cars like the honda accord or mazda 6? thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
torn in between: choosing between a w124 and a w126?