New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mayana View Post
    ang real issue dito talaga eh yung abs-cbn vs AGB Nielsen.
    Mismo.

ABS-CBN isn't even pursuing anything against GMA-7. Yet.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ang concept ng abs-cbn[lopezes] ay monopoly/dictatorial at mahilig silang mamirata[pirate] they offer big sums just to be with them then dumped those people they've got in the process...may mga hitsura nga karamihan sa taga abs pero mga bopol daw ika ni joey at madalas silang masangkot sa mga kaso/anomalya dahil sa kanilang pagka arrogante/ignorante...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Mismo.

ABS-CBN isn't even pursuing anything against GMA-7. Yet.
    Yeah, right.
    It's GMA pa nga who will sue everyone who gave libelous statements. Before Christmas daw ang file, natuloy kaya?
    Kawawa naman si Junrie Hidalgo, kasi he just quoted Maya Reforma of AGB, ngayon sya ang mahaharap sa kasong libel. Araykupo!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Methinks that ABS-CBN did a poor job of exposing the anomaly. Why believe a source who until this time refuses to be named or even show his face? The whistleblower's story is also too poorly concocted to be believed. Is a bag of groceries or petty cash amounts enough to switch channels? Puh-leeeaze!!!

The main reason why ABS-CBN hasn't been trumpeting its rankings is that it's programs are no longer No. 1. Plain and simple. Ever since, no awards are given to the runner-up (and I mean that figuratively).

I'm not a fan of GMA-7, in fact the only shows I watch are their news programs and Takeshi's Castle. But I do stand by the credibility of their news anchors (compared to Channel 2's talking heads)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Methinks that ABS-CBN did a poor job of exposing the anomaly. Why believe a source who until this time refuses to be named or even show his face? The whistleblower's story is also too poorly concocted to be believed.
    On the contrary, advertisers have already expressed alarm as a result of ABS-CBN's revelations; they're now pushing for more clear-cut guidelines on the use of TV ratings as a gauge of audience viewing habits. And hasn't GMA already jumped on the defensive by issuing that minute-long statement on air?

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus
    Is a bag of groceries or petty cash amounts enough to switch channels? Puh-leeeaze!!!
    Yes, the way that 200 pesos was apparently enough to coax a lot of the masses into joining Trillanes and Co'.s little tantrum at the Manila Pen under the pretense of people power, if the authorities hadn't intercepted them in time. :D

The main reason why ABS-CBN hasn't been trumpeting its rankings is that it's programs are no longer No. 1. Plain and simple.
    Considering that the TV ratings have already proven to be tainted since at least 2005, this assertion seriously needs a reality check. Plain and simple.

I'm not a fan of GMA-7, in fact the only shows I watch are their news programs and Takeshi's Castle.
    I prefer watching QTV-11, myself; much easier on the eyes. Now if only they could tone down on the Asian soap operas...
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 29th, 2007 at 06:39 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang pagkakaalam ko dito wala naman talagang dayaan. bopols lang talaga magsalita yung taga agb nielsen kaya nagmuhang gma ang nandaya.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bakit naman kasi ang mga advertisers eh sa survey ng mga TV stations naniniwala. dapat meron sila sariling survey para naman ndi na sila aasa sa TV ratings ng mula sa survey na kinumisyon mismo ng TV station

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    On the contrary, advertisers have already expressed alarm as a result of ABS-CBN's revelations; they're now pushing for more clear-cut guidelines on the use of TV ratings as a gauge of audience viewing habits. And hasn't GMA already jumped on the defensive by issuing that minute-long statement on air?
    ABS din naman ganyan ang gawain di ba? They use the power of their network to pursue their personal (and selfish) agenda. Well, I don't see anything of importance here everytime they bring this case up in primetime news-Para bang concern ito ng lahat ng pinoy at para bang makikinabang ang mga pinoy sa mga problema nila (am referring to both stations)...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yes, the way that 200 pesos was apparently enough to coax a lot of the masses into joining Trillanes and Co'.s little tantrum at the Manila Pen under the pretense of people power, if the authorities hadn't intercepted them in time. :D
    Playing Devil's Advocate to your Devil's Advocate, since the records are anonymous, what's to prevent me from accepting the groceries and switching to "Wowowee" as soon as the goons are gone?

But then bribery for higher ratings is actually nothing new, really... with enough money, you can cook any numbers if you know the sample population and have enough money.

Not that I have any stand on the truth of the issue... my opinion of the programming of either channel has been in the gutter for quite some time. Except for the news, there's really nothing worth watching on GMA7. And there's nothing worth watching at all on ABSCBN.
    Last edited by niky; December 30th, 2007 at 08:10 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Not that I have any stand on the truth of the issue... my opinion of the programming of either channel has been in the gutter for quite some time. Except for the news, there's really nothing worth watching on GMA7. And there's nothing worth watching at all on ABSCBN.
    +1. Quoted for truth.

All this ratings issue crap means to me is there's even less of a reason for me to watch anything on local TV. Even the sensationalized yellow primetime shockers they call "news" are best taken with a lot of salt.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
ABS-CBN may dispute sa rating anomaly!!!