New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    It's a Yellow Top D35. I sourced it from Absolute Autworks, at Banawe, 24 months warranty. I certainly hope it lasts longer.
    It should...& if you invest in a CTEK...It really will.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    If there is a lesson here, don't buy cars with i-Stop! Not worth the hassle. I will never buy a car with this feature again, as long as I drive in Manila. Batteries are expensive and do not last that long, and with our traffic, it's not practical. You don't want your car starting and restarting in bumper to bumper traffic. I wish I could permanently turn it off.
    In my experience, I need not turn off i-Stop because this shortened battery life even more. Whenever I make a full stop e.g., stop light or intersection, I don't step on the break too hard so as not to trigger i-Stop. When stuck in traffic, I just turn the wheel and wait for the i-Stop green light indicator to go away, put it in neutral, and pull the hand break, this way I can relax because I need not step on the break the whole time.

YMMV.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by togmolodon View Post
    In my experience, I need not turn off i-Stop because this shortened battery life even more. Whenever I make a full stop e.g., stop light or intersection, I don't step on the break too hard so as not to trigger i-Stop. When stuck in traffic, I just turn the wheel and wait for the i-Stop green light indicator to go away, put it in neutral, and pull the hand break, this way I can relax because I need not step on the break the whole time.

YMMV.
    [emoji106]

4. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Mga Bros,
    Anyone replaced their CX5 with non-EFB battery like Amaron outside of the casa?
    If so, did you require programming reset just like what they do in casa? Can an indie shop do that?

Thanks,
    Uncle

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_sam View Post
    Mga Bros,
    If so, did you require programming reset just like what they do in casa? Can an indie shop do that?

Thanks,
    Uncle
    I use Amaron. No need to reprogram, just initialize i-stop by running it until new batt is fully charged and i-stop indicator on HU lights up. Probably takes an hour or more. If you're lucky, there's no need to initialize. I-stop works fine.

A lot of CX5 owners have been using Amaron since it came out. Still lasts 3 years if you take care of it. I personally don't use i-stop so I don't see the need for EFB.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    I use Amaron. No need to reprogram, just initialize i-stop by running it until new batt is fully charged and i-stop indicator on HU lights up. Probably takes an hour or more. If you're lucky, there's no need to initialize. I-stop works fine.

A lot of CX5 owners have been using Amaron since it came out. Still lasts 3 years if you take care of it. I personally don't use i-stop so I don't see the need for EFB.
    So after installing Amaron, to initialise means do you leave it to idle for an hour? Or drive it around for an hour until i-Stop lights in HU?

7. Join Date
    May 2016
    So after installing Amaron, to initialise means do you leave it to idle for an hour? Or drive it around for an hour until i-Stop lights in HU?
    Better to drive it around for an hour or until i-stop lights up.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Mga Bros,

Thanks,
    Uncle
    Forcing a Regular Flooded Batt in a Start/Stop vehicle is, of course, an owner's call. Many have done so w/ luck. Just pair it w/ a trusty trickle charger & beware of possible consequences.
    Consequences of fitting the wrong battery for start-stop systems

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Removed battery due to engine cleaning.. no i-stop errors.. but you need to reset the sunroof and driver window..

Also be sure to remove the current sensor attached at the negative terminal when installing new battery. Attach the negative terminal then the current sensor

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Removed battery due to engine cleaning.. no i-stop errors.. but you need to reset the sunroof and driver window..

Also be sure to remove the current sensor attached at the negative terminal when installing new battery. Attach the negative terminal then the current sensor
    I have to admit that I didn't read the Owner's Manual so I have to ask you this, where's the current sensor? I don't remember seeing the sensor the last time I removed the negative terminal. I must have seen it but didn't recognize it. Kindly post a picture.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast