New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for the 18"s, the increase in consumption depends upon the design and weight of the wheels. If the wheels aren't chrome or too solid, it's a minimal thing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. Speaking of clubs, is there a local Tribby club? Judging from the local auto forums, we are a minority and we sure need all the support we can get from a community––online or otherwise. Ano sa tingin mo sir sherwintommy?

*niky: won't get the bling rims for my Tribby, aluminum alloy lang, so this shouldn't be a major problem for fuel consumption, I suppose.

Attached: this is the Tribby I fell in love with at Mazda Greenhills. I'm thinking of getting the same wheel design (also considering another one). What do you guys think? This is a new design, so wala masyadong kapareho.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ganda!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    [QUOTE=Hudahelru]Thanks for the feedback, guys. Speaking of clubs, is there a local Tribby club? Judging from the local auto forums, we are a minority and we sure need all the support we can get from a community––online or otherwise. Ano sa tingin mo sir sherwintommy?

it's a good thing you brought up that topic,,,i have been waiting for someone to start up a Tribby club....i wonder if the Tribute is included in the Protege' club?...any idea/ suggestions from other Tribby owners?.....ganda ng rims ha...minority nga tayo...but i believe with the positive feedbacks from other owners....it won't take long Tribute owners will grow...calling all Tribute owners out there....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    We've had our 2.3L Tribute for a year now. All I can say is, it's a freaking GAS GUZZLER!!! The reason is mahina yung hatak niya, so we tend to step on the gas pedal more. City driving with traffic plus yung mabigat na paa ng driver namin, I say its around 4.5-5 km/liter. When I drove it Tagaytay, it was around 7.5 km/liter and to Baguio, around 9.8 km/liter.

Do you think there's something wrong with our unit? I swear, ang hina ng hatak.

Plus, when I drove to Baguio (took the Marcos highway route para hindi steep), hirap din umakyat. There were only a few bags at the back and 3 passengers. Naunahan pa kami ng ibang koste. Siguro ang mga na-overtake ko lang ay yung mga 10-wheeler trucks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How heavy is your driver's foot? What cars have you driven before this? CUVs don't have the immediate response of a sedan. If you try to drive them like a car, you'll get horrible fuel economy... if you drive conservatively, you can get 7+ km/l city and 11+ highway. My uncle hates his CRV's consumption, but he drives it like a V8. My cousin gets much better economy thru 'sane' driving.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4
    We've had our 2.3L Tribute for a year now. All I can say is, it's a freaking GAS GUZZLER!!! The reason is mahina yung hatak niya, so we tend to step on the gas pedal more. City driving with traffic plus yung mabigat na paa ng driver namin, I say its around 4.5-5 km/liter. When I drove it Tagaytay, it was around 7.5 km/liter and to Baguio, around 9.8 km/liter.

Do you think there's something wrong with our unit? I swear, ang hina ng hatak.

Plus, when I drove to Baguio (took the Marcos highway route para hindi steep), hirap din umakyat. There were only a few bags at the back and 3 passengers. Naunahan pa kami ng ibang koste. Siguro ang mga na-overtake ko lang ay yung mga 10-wheeler trucks
    really? tsk tsk ganyan ba ang Tribute? 4x2 or 4x4 i'm not really familiar with Tribute but I am very much interested with it. regarding sa Baguio, our 2.0 '99 crv sobra lakas ang hatak sa Baguio. I suppose dapat mas powerful ito since 2.3L sya.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nevermind our driver, wala ng pag-asa yun. Feeling Formula 1 driver tsaka kaskasero... loves to accelerte & brake. He's hopeless in fuel economy driving.

But when I drive it, kapag "normal tapak", para hirap mag-accelerate kasi siguro mabigat yung Tribute?! That's why I have to step on the gas more. When I drive our 2.0L CRV, it accelerates like a sedan, walang problema kasi kayang-kaya sa "normal tapak".

The 2.3L is a 4x2 and sad to say, sobrang lambot ng kahat. Once nabangga ko yung kotse ng friend ko (Mazda 323), yung kanya walang dent... yung Tribute naka-dent sa rear bumper pero pinukpok lang ng friend ko using his hand para bumalik sa dating porma.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    our 3.0L v6 is a guzzler. if you don't ease up on the gas pedal, you're in for about 5 Km/L or worse. and that's Explorer/Expedition territory! other than that, i think the car is solid. i personally like it much better than the Escape, even if they're mechanically the same car.

about the climbing observation, it seems the 3.0L v6 is low on torque. was driving an Escape along some California freeways and it did seem to need more weight on the gas pedal to get up to speed.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29
    about the climbing observation, it seems the 3.0L v6 is low on torque. was driving an Escape along some California freeways and it did seem to need more weight on the gas pedal to get up to speed.
    That's very true for our 2.3L Tribute, even if on city driving, low torque talaga. Kinabahan nga ako climbing up to Baguio... akala ko hindi na ako aabot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda Tribute feedback