New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4
    That's very true for our 2.3L Tribute, even if on city driving, low torque talaga. Kinabahan nga ako climbing up to Baguio... akala ko hindi na ako aabot
    Actually, at first, I didn't want to believe my friend. He took his Tribby up to Baguio. 4 silang nakasakay. Hirap daw umakyat. Sabi ko, pwede ba yun, e ang bastos nung v6 nun. Hanep humataw. Sa patag nga lang. Hehehe! Ibang usapan pala yung akyatan. Torque and gear ratios must've been optimized for flat highways.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dont you guys find the plastics very very cheap looking?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4
    The 2.3L is a 4x2 and sad to say, sobrang lambot ng kahat. Once nabangga ko yung kotse ng friend ko (Mazda 323), yung kanya walang dent... yung Tribute naka-dent sa rear bumper pero pinukpok lang ng friend ko using his hand para bumalik sa dating porma.
    buti na lang kamo at di yung kaha talaga, so if its just your bumper then very good. meaning self-healing plastic sya which will be good for your over-all lower cost against Ding/Deng repairs...

pero i'm really amazed that 2.3L is pretty gutless goingup Baguio. dapat cguro nilagay mo lang sa "2 or L" to keep it humming .

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    maybe it just needs to be locked in a gear (hold button) when climbing...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... this is interesting as the straight line acceleration of the 2.3L engine is quite decent for me. Seems that the auto tranny hasn't been configured properly for long uphill climbs.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Hmmm... this is interesting as the straight line acceleration of the 2.3L engine is quite decent for me. Seems that the auto tranny hasn't been configured properly for long uphill climbs.
    yup, that seems to be the case. oh well, if you don't intend to do much climbing, then this shouldn't be a problem.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    but isn't that precisely the function of the hold button? for things like long uphill climbs?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    but isn't that precisely the function of the hold button? for things like long uphill climbs?
    oh i see... haven't driven a matic on long uphill climbs...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Dont you guys find the plastics very very cheap looking?
    looks a bit 90ish... though the moonroof makes up for it.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, the switchgear for the Escape and Tribute are mostly Ford instead of Mazda, which also accounts for the plastics... I prefer the more Mazda-ish switchgear on the old Lynx, the Ranger and the Everest...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mazda Tribute feedback