New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just got my 2.3L tribby last night, color gold. The only problem I had is the "Airbag" light are kept on lit when driving. Took the tribby today at Mazda Alabang for tint and cleaning. Also advised them that the "Airbag" is always on lit. They checked and unplugged the connectors, but still it stays on lit when I drove home.

I also got approved also for Ford Escape but for some reason I still choose the Tribute, 20% d/p plus insurance, chattel mortgage, LTO. Paid P180,xxx.xx against P99T all-in for Escape.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Nasa driver lang din talaga yan. I can get upto 7 km/L on city driving.. 2.0 A/T pa yun ha.. the 2.3 should do better. basta magaan ang paa sa silinyador.

Sa Baguio, di naman ako nahirapan.. basta maganda lang ang momentum mo at kabisado mo manakbo ng A/T. Di pa ko nag-pachange oil nun.. due 2 weeks past na.

As for the airbag lights.. FORD installed cheap connectors under the seats that always keeps loosening itself. Solution is remove/open the connection then re-tighten it..works for me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    As for the airbag lights.. FORD installed cheap connectors under the seats that always keeps loosening itself. Solution is remove/open the connection then re-tighten it..works for me.
    Went to Mazda Alabang yesterday morning to to have this fixed, unfortunately they didn't find the culprit. Went there around 10am, First thing they do is the camber/alignment, kasi may kabig sa kanan when doing 70km/hr and up on hi-way. Finishe around noon. Afterwards, the're on the "Airbag" lamp. They replaced the pre-tensioner parts under the seat with a new one for 2 hours. And test drove it after replacing, still the Airbag lamp still lit. Ayun baklas-kabit na naman ng mga ibang parts under the seat and dash, hanggang inabot na naman ng 5pm. I got pissed off na, kasi they haven't fixed the problem. And they still got to re-do the front windshield/rear window tint, may mga lines. Also they need to clean the car pa kasi when I got ang dami pang mga dirt. And told me to bring it back again for another servicing. Sucks!!!!

Got the unit, Wed night around 9pm, went back home, next day took the tribby for tints, and they do some work on the "Airbag" lamp took them 6hrs, until I left around 5:30pm. And yesterday went there again for 8hrs. Grabe di ko na na-enjoy tong bagong tribby, para akong nasa hospital na laging may binabantayan na patient. From cavite pa naman ako, from our place to Mazda Alabang is 85km back and forth. My gas consumption is around P350-P450 on 1 trip to the dealer.

I think I got one of the lemons...Pwede ko ba i-demand to replace the unit? nagalit nako kahapon and insist on giving a serice car, they told me na wala daw sila pang service unit. Nagalit nako talaga sa SA ko, I just paid the dp for nothing and spending 2-whole days dito sa lobby nyo. then sasabihin nyo balik ko na ang ulit for servicing. My SA told me that to wait and she will talk about it to their manager. When she came back, she told me that I could leave the tribby and will let me use the Mazda 3 of their staff. Finally got home na din last night with the M3, grabe when they handed me the M3 the gas tank was empty, ako na lang daw magpa fill up, so drove it to the nearest gas station and fill up P300. Funny thing is at P300 the fuel gauge needle just move 2-lines, and I drove all way home with the fuel gauge on low warning indicator.

Also I just fill up my tribby with P600 when I took it yesterday sa Mazda, for sure the fuel gauge is low na pag nakuha ko na naman yung tribby ko next week, kasi they always test drive the unit

Ano ba pwede nila i-compensate sakin from all this trouble? May utang pa ako sa pag-papa-tint kasi I told them to have full tint sa front, which cost additional P1,800.

Grabe sa barat magbigay ng freebie ang Mazda, I got only the standard free items like the tint, floor mats and seat cover lang. I told ask them if they have a keychain, my SA told me that in order to get a keychain purchase daw ako ng "Extended Warranty". I just laughed about it.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    To Orly_Andico:
    What "hold botton" for uphill climbs? Meron ba non?

Actually naka-L or 1 or 2 (basta the lowest), hirap talaga umakyat. There were 3 of us in the cars plus a few bags. Hmm... di kaya nakadagdag sa hirap ng pag-akyat is the 18" mags that my bro installed?

But besides this minor setback, we're very satisfied with our Tribute

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4
    To Orly_Andico:
    What "hold botton" for uphill climbs? Meron ba non?

Actually naka-L or 1 or 2 (basta the lowest), hirap talaga umakyat. There were 3 of us in the cars plus a few bags. Hmm... di kaya nakadagdag sa hirap ng pag-akyat is the 18" mags that my bro installed?

But besides this minor setback, we're very satisfied with our Tribute
    yes, huge Mags will increase rotational inertia than smaller rims. kaya madaming mga dragsters even use smaller diameter tire/wheel combo for better acceleration. its like having a lower gear even than the 1st. :D.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by comecum
    Went to Mazda Alabang yesterday morning to to have this fixed, unfortunately they didn't find the culprit. Went there around 10am, First thing they do is the camber/alignment, kasi may kabig sa kanan when doing 70km/hr and up on hi-way. Finishe around noon. Afterwards, the're on the "Airbag" lamp. They replaced the pre-tensioner parts under the seat with a new one for 2 hours. And test drove it after replacing, still the Airbag lamp still lit. Ayun baklas-kabit na naman ng mga ibang parts under the seat and dash, hanggang inabot na naman ng 5pm. I got pissed off na, kasi they haven't fixed the problem. And they still got to re-do the front windshield/rear window tint, may mga lines. Also they need to clean the car pa kasi when I got ang dami pang mga dirt. And told me to bring it back again for another servicing. Sucks!!!!

Got the unit, Wed night around 9pm, went back home, next day took the tribby for tints, and they do some work on the "Airbag" lamp took them 6hrs, until I left around 5:30pm. And yesterday went there again for 8hrs. Grabe di ko na na-enjoy tong bagong tribby, para akong nasa hospital na laging may binabantayan na patient. From cavite pa naman ako, from our place to Mazda Alabang is 85km back and forth. My gas consumption is around P350-P450 on 1 trip to the dealer.

I think I got one of the lemons...Pwede ko ba i-demand to replace the unit? nagalit nako kahapon and insist on giving a serice car, they told me na wala daw sila pang service unit. Nagalit nako talaga sa SA ko, I just paid the dp for nothing and spending 2-whole days dito sa lobby nyo. then sasabihin nyo balik ko na ang ulit for servicing. My SA told me that to wait and she will talk about it to their manager. When she came back, she told me that I could leave the tribby and will let me use the Mazda 3 of their staff. Finally got home na din last night with the M3, grabe when they handed me the M3 the gas tank was empty, ako na lang daw magpa fill up, so drove it to the nearest gas station and fill up P300. Funny thing is at P300 the fuel gauge needle just move 2-lines, and I drove all way home with the fuel gauge on low warning indicator.

Also I just fill up my tribby with P600 when I took it yesterday sa Mazda, for sure the fuel gauge is low na pag nakuha ko na naman yung tribby ko next week, kasi they always test drive the unit

Ano ba pwede nila i-compensate sakin from all this trouble? May utang pa ako sa pag-papa-tint kasi I told them to have full tint sa front, which cost additional P1,800.

Grabe sa barat magbigay ng freebie ang Mazda, I got only the standard free items like the tint, floor mats and seat cover lang. I told ask them if they have a keychain, my SA told me that in order to get a keychain purchase daw ako ng "Extended Warranty". I just laughed about it.
    i feel for u, to think somebody else already experienced this problem its alittle surprising they haven't fixed this fm the factory. anyway enjoy mo na lang yung MZ3 muna!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The service manager called me this afternoon and told me that the problem on the Airbag lamp is already fixed, also they replaced the tint from the front and rear glass and buffed and detailed the interior and exterior. Will get back on Wed , kasi they still have to fixed the aircon vents that usually openned from the windshield which usually forms moisture. And ask them to remedy the aircon settings. Sobrang lamig kasi if we turn on the ac in "2" for circulating inside, kung sa "1" (middle) air is coming from outside lagi.

Anyway sarap pala yung handling ng M3, even on sharp turns it really hugs the road.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwintommy

it's a good thing you brought up that topic,,,i have been waiting for someone to start up a Tribby club....i wonder if the Tribute is included in the Protege' club?...any idea/ suggestions from other Tribby owners?.....ganda ng rims ha...minority nga tayo...but i believe with the positive feedbacks from other owners....it won't take long Tribute owners will grow...calling all Tribute owners out there....
    ngayon ko lang nabasa ito a. . anyways, protegetech philippines welcomes ALL mazda makes already. .all we need now are tribby owners. .
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hello guys, i'm a future owner of a 3.0 mazda tribute... please continue posting your feedbacks.. i hope i made the right choice.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
    Hello guys, i'm a future owner of a 3.0 mazda tribute... please continue posting your feedbacks.. i hope i made the right choice.
    hi, im selling my mazda tribute 3.0L V6 - black. text me 0927-468-88-87
    http://car.finder.ph/15/posts/11/146/655.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Mazda Tribute feedback