New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 136 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2710
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0609 View Post
    Why not leave it there and just disconnect the connections? At least it will not get damaged and when somebody finds a solution it will only take you to reconnect it to the proper/correct source. Have you tried reading and doing the procedures posted by LRTan? Maybe worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums
    The reason I want to take them off is because once the dealer finds out then I forfeit the warranty. I search the internet for the AFS module seems the price range is only $30-60 the dealer cost is $511.00 or 22.5k and I find that so ridiculous. Must be the cost of owning a Mazda. Anyway, I'm not good with diagrams and electrical stuff, I wont even attempt changing an outlet..hehe. Thanks though to everyone.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    When do you see the flashing? Does it occur as soon as you turn on the engine, or only when you're using the headlights?

Have you tried re-seating the bulb and clearing the fault? I've tried clearing a check-engine light once on a Ford Focus and that fixed it; the problem didn't come back.

On some cars, clearing the fault is all that's needed assuming there's really no problem with the hardware. In your case, you need to make the bulb light first.

I don't buy the casa's claim that the CX5 is sensitive to voltage changes. They also failed to explain why of all parts the AFS was the one affected. For all we know, your AFS problem was not caused by the wire probing done by ACA after all. I don't call it a "stealership" for nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    Last edited by Pipefish; December 22nd, 2013 at 09:07 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Also try moving the AFS gimbal left and right to make sure there's no foreign object blocking its movement. Although it's highly unlikely unless you forgot to mention that you recently worked on your headlights.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sorry to hear about your installation woes ser Kevz321, text text tayo. yeah better get
    2nd or 3rd opinion and hope your unit (AFS Module) still fine. BTW sa China available din ang
    i-Stop on 2012 2.0li Gas version and they sell/install alot of aftermarket stuff like - LED DoorScuff.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipefish View Post
    When do you see the flashing? Does it occur as soon as you turn on the engine, or only when you're using the headlights?

Have you tried re-seating the bulb and clearing the fault? I've tried clearing a check-engine light once on a Ford Focus and that fixed it; the problem didn't come back.

On some cars, clearing the fault is all that's needed assuming there's really no problem with the hardware. In your case, you need to make the bulb light first.

I don't buy the casa's claim that the CX5 is sensitive to voltage changes. They also failed to explain why of all parts the AFS was the one affected. For all we know, your AFS problem was not caused by the wire probing done by ACA after all. I don't call it a "stealership" for nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    Also try moving the AFS gimbal left and right to make sure there's no foreign object blocking its movement. Although it's highly unlikely unless you forgot to mention that you recently worked on your headlights.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    sorry to hear about your installation woes ser Kevz321, text text tayo. yeah better get
    2nd or 3rd opinion and hope your unit (AFS Module) still fine. BTW sa China available din ang
    i-Stop on 2012 2.0li Gas version and they sell/install alot of aftermarket stuff like - LED DoorScuff.
    Pipefish, the flashing starts 10secs after starting the engine and stays that way until the engine is turned off. I don't want to do anything that would cause more headache for me I'll just bring the unit to the dealer I originally got it. The only upgrade I have done to the car (electrical) is the horn & door sills. I know the accessory can also be installed on the 2.5s, I guess I wasn't that lucky.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevz321 View Post
    The only upgrade I have done to the car (electrical) is the horn & door sills.
    My suspect is the horn installation. The headlight socket must have been touched/moved. Or there might be a loose connection somewhere. It's not as difficult as you think, so don't be afraid to reseat the bulb. Eventually, you'd have to replace that bulb anyway.

Also, you won't damage the gimbal/AFS mechanism by just moving it. It's like your side mirror, which is very sturdy and is supposed to move. Try it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    My suspect is the horn installation. The headlight socket must have been touched/moved. Or there might be a loose connection somewhere. It's not as difficult as you think, so don't be afraid to reseat the bulb. Eventually, you'd have to replace that bulb anyway.

Also, you won't damage the gimbal/AFS mechanism by just moving it. It's like your side mirror, which is very sturdy and is supposed to move. Try it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    Thanks Pipefish, though I doubt it's the horn because those were installed 3mos ago and they did not cut any wires it was more plug&play. Whereas for the door sill, the flashing showed up right after installation. Nonetheless, I'll try re-seating the bulb & move the gimbal and see if that would fix the problem. Thanks again...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    PART 1:
    Guys / Gals, let's do abit of some Analysis here as the usual CASA fix is to replace everything and at usual exorbitant prices....

I. here is over-all AFS system description : below show's harness; also indicates AFS Control module just near to Driver Upper/LH footwell (with Grey connector casing)?; HeadLight Swivel and actuator (of course at the headlights ; Auto-Levelling sensor at the rear hatch.

II. AFS / HL Auto Levelling Block Diagram.
    show AFS Control Module gets feedback fm. Sensors; then directs actions to LEVELLING & SWIVEL Actuators on the HeadLamps; also show's Fuse/Relay connected to it. with my Suspect Cause #(1) Installer messed up and Electrically Shorted something when he was probing which / where to connect the LED DR Scuff lights....and possibly damaged Fuse/Relay.....

connector numbers and description:

Looks like AFS Ctrl Module : just a big Grey lump, wrapped with Grey Plastic box All showing Connectors

Here is the Engine Bay FuseBox, but couldn't trace which is the one connected to AFS?
    {ANYONE HELP Identify w/c one???}

Driver Footwell: Fuse Box (AFS NOT IN HERE!)
    Last edited by parakitoJDM; December 25th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    hi ser PipeFish, did u have firsthand experience Headlight Swivel/Leveller actuator (touched/moved physically) and caused a Fault and Warning Lights to come out?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    hi ser PipeFish, did u have firsthand experience Headlight Swivel/Leveller actuator (touched/moved physically) and caused a Fault and Warning Lights to come out?
    I don't have a CX-5, so I can't say for sure it's the root of Kevz321's problem. I've read about AFS problems in various Toyotas and reseating/making sure the AFS gimbal isn't blocked by a foreign object worked for some.

If ACA's wire probing is the culprit, it's possible it may have triggered the warning lights on the dashboard, and it might go away once the fault is cleared, that's why I asked Kevz321 if he has tried clearing the fault.

Mazda CX-5