New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post
    Thank you for sharing. At least for me - that pricing would be steep knowing that at 1.7m, it will be entering the CX5 territory. Hopefully, the top spec'd would be lower or around 1.7m
    considering the pricing strategy, possible to think that price of Mazda3 top = Mazda CX30 base and Mazda CX30 top = Mazda CX5 base.
    so the price totally make sense.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    considering the pricing strategy, possible to think that price of Mazda3 top = Mazda CX30 base and Mazda CX30 top = Mazda CX5 base.
    so the price totally make sense.
    Hoping (hopefully the budget too...) that would become a reality

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I went to the Mazda Premium Experience pavilion at BGC and drove the new CX-30. One thing I immediately noticed with the crossover is the front visibility, so much better than my 2018 Mazda3. My sister who have driven the 2nd gen CX5 also pointed out that visibility is so much better with the CX-30. It seems that the front pillar is less thicker than the other skyactiv models, effectively reducing front blindspot.

The speedometer dashboard's height seems lower than the new 2019 Mazda3, making the front view much better for the driver.

The 2.0 liter Skyactiv engine is still very good, rev happy and very responsive. We also drove the 1.5 liter 2019 Mazda 3 and find it less responsive than the 2.0 liter CX-30.

Braking is as smooth as butter with the CX-30. My sister told me that she finds the CX-30 braking feel so much better than the CX-5. The CX-5's braking is somewhat strong for her taste, a bit difficult to control compared with the Mazda3 and CX-30.

The only thing I don't like with the CX-30 is the iStop feature. The base model comes with it unfortunately. Also there's no rear cabin aircon vents unlike with the 2019 base model Mazda3.

The CX-30 is likely going to be Mazda PH's newest bestseller! I instantly liked it much more than my M3.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I went to the Mazda Premium Experience pavilion at BGC and drove the new CX-30. One thing I immediately noticed with the crossover is the front visibility, so much better than my 2018 Mazda3. My sister who have driven the 2nd gen CX5 also pointed out that visibility is so much better with the CX-30. It seems that the front pillar is less thicker than the other skyactiv models, effectively reducing front blindspot.

The speedometer dashboard's height seems lower than the new 2019 Mazda3, making the front view much better for the driver.

The 2.0 liter Skyactiv engine is still very good, rev happy and very responsive. We also drove the 1.5 liter 2019 Mazda 3 and find it less responsive than the 2.0 liter CX-30.

Braking is as smooth as butter with the CX-30. My sister told me that she finds the CX-30 braking feel so much better than the CX-5. The CX-5's braking is somewhat strong for her taste, a bit difficult to control compared with the Mazda3 and CX-30.

The only thing I don't like with the CX-30 is the iStop feature. The base model comes with it unfortunately. Also there's no rear cabin aircon vents unlike with the 2019 base model Mazda3.

The CX-30 is likely going to be Mazda PH's newest bestseller! I instantly liked it much more than my M3.

Nice review. When & what color are you getting, sir?[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

which color is this? it looks good with the chromed grill. the proportions look great with the long nose. hows the nvh?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Nice review. When & what color are you getting, sir?[emoji4]

Haha I really want to get one but I'm still on a long term relationship with my BN M3 for at least 3 years more. My sister is likely to get one, the test drive experience really convinced her. She likes the deep crystal blue mica but I prefer the polymetal gray.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    which color is this? it looks good with the chromed grill. the proportions look great with the long nose. hows the nvh?
    That's the polymetal gray color.

NVH is way better than the previous Mazda3 gen, at par with the 2nd gen CX5.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    NVH is way better than the previous Mazda3 gen, at par with the 2nd gen CX5.
    Good enough that people beside you won't know you're rakking Aegis while stuck in traffic haha Sa BM/BN kasi rinig pati lyrics [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Haha I really want to get one but I'm still on a long term relationship with my BN M3 for at least 3 years more. My sister is likely to get one, the test drive experience really convinced her. She likes the deep crystal blue mica but I prefer the polymetal gray.
    Try to technically convince her. Polymetal would be easier to maintain than the darker deep blue.
    As colors move closer to black, where the pigment of carbon black is used, paint will relatively be softer than white which uses the harder titanium dioxide. In the Mohs Hardness Scale where 1 is talc, 10 is diamond, Carbon Black is just 2. Softer than fingernails. Titanium dioxide is rated 7. That's why you get more of those beautiful swirls on black vehicles.[emoji4] Good luck, jojo sir![emoji4]

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Good enough that people beside you won't know you're rakking Aegis while stuck in traffic haha Sa BM/BN kasi rinig pati lyrics [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    Which of their songs do you usually belt in static traffic, brother John?[emoji4]

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast