New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Good point sir travs! I'll take note of this. Thanks for the detailed info! [emoji106]

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Good point sir travs! I'll take note of this. Thanks for the detailed info! [emoji106]
    Anytime, good sir![emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Saw this in the flesh in their BGC display. Had the same WOW factor when I first saw the current Mazda 3.

To me, it feels like more of a raised sedan rather than a crossover. Current crossovers are too... voluptuous (?), still a bit spherical/cube-like in form. The CX-30 looks sleek and slim, almost like a raised Mazda 3 hatchback.

Price-wise, the base model is cheap at 1.49M, but the premium features and all the bells and whistles come in at 1.9M which might be a bit steep at least for this class. However, if you view this as a premium vehicle as opposed to just your average, utilitarian daily hauler, the price might be ok.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ianroy View Post
    Saw this in the flesh in their BGC display. Had the same WOW factor when I first saw the current Mazda 3.

To me, it feels like more of a raised sedan rather than a crossover. Current crossovers are too... voluptuous (?), still a bit spherical/cube-like in form. The CX-30 looks sleek and slim, almost like a raised Mazda 3 hatchback.

Price-wise, the base model is cheap at 1.49M, but the premium features and all the bells and whistles come in at 1.9M which might be a bit steep at least for this class. However, if you view this as a premium vehicle as opposed to just your average, utilitarian daily hauler, the price might be ok.
    I think the base model is ok. Could have been priced lower and remove some more useless features but overall I can say that “I f***s wit it.”

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ianroy View Post
    ..However, if you view this as a premium vehicle as opposed to just your average, utilitarian daily hauler, the price might be ok.
    This is actually what I am hinting on why the price is like this.

But first, may I know what is the definition of a premium vehicle? Is the CX5/CX30 on this level already? Is it like comparing it to a BMW, etc? What is the advantage/disadvantage of owning one aside from the cost (Sorry if these are ignorant/novice questions) Thank you!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post

But first, may I know what is the definition of a premium vehicle? Is the CX5/CX30 on this level already? Is it like comparing it to a BMW, etc? What is the advantage/disadvantage of owning one aside from the cost (Sorry if these are ignorant/novice questions) Thank you!
    Euro premiums? The differences? Higher reliability & lower cost of ownership of nippon cars. The Skyactiv platform has been around long enough to prove both. Mazda is punching above its weight. Check them in the metal to see what their kodo design language is about, sir.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post

For its price, you get the premium feel sir. At least for my cx-5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lower-budget Macan: The 22 Mazda CX-3 Feels Like A Lower-Budget Porsche Macan

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk