New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for those suggestions! 3 lang naman kami mga sir (me, wifey and a 3 year old). Mukang ok yung sa Camayan, I thought para syang Pico de Loro na pricey kaya diko pinapansin.

About sa route, sulit ba na mag malayong ikot via SCTEX compared to the original route? Di naman in a hurry if ever.

EDIT: Browsed the pics and it seems masyado malaki yung smallest room ng Camayan for us. Yun nga lang convenient versus the hotels around the city proper.
    Last edited by leodawesome; October 14th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    Up ko lang mga boss. Planning on spending some quality time at zoobic safari and ocean adventure for 2 days.

1. San mas OK dumaan?
    -NLEX San fernando - Lubao - SCTEX dinalupihan (masmalapit kaso baka traffic?)
    -NLEX Porac - SCTEX (malayong ikot pero for sure ratrat and byahe)

2. San OK magstay? 1 night lang naman.

TIA.
    Ingat lang sa ratrat, baka maratrat ng naka-radar!

Took SCTEX to go to Floridablanca/Porac last Saturday. There were parts where the Subic bound lane was being rehabilitated, so counterflow muna. Not a choke point naman, wala naman masyadong sasakyan.

What time ba byahe? Personally, since I'm not a regular traveller up north, I'd take SCTEX to do away with the usual in-city traffic.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Ingat lang sa ratrat, baka maratrat ng naka-radar!

Took SCTEX to go to Floridablanca/Porac last Saturday. There were parts where the Subic bound lane was being rehabilitated, so counterflow muna. Not a choke point naman, wala naman masyadong sasakyan.

What time ba byahe? Personally, since I'm not a regular traveller up north, I'd take SCTEX to do away with the usual in-city traffic.
    Hahah, uu sir saktong ratrat lang.

Thanks sa heads up sa ginagawang lanes. Agree I'm a first time driver on that area, mukang mag SCTEX na lang ako.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually andun sa after dinalupihan exit ang radar. Minsan naman andun sa exit ng floridablanca.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Mas gusto ko pa rin dumaan sa SCTEX lalo kung mid time of the day na. Daming tricycle if dinalupihan ka.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Opinion lang on the beaches in Subic. No violent reactions please.

The ones that are found lining on the shores of the town outside the base are very dirty. Garbage, flotsam, and jetsam can be found on the shore, and in the waters. Some beach resorts are new, some re-furbished, some look and feel like honky-tonk establishments masquerading as beach resorts, and still some look haunted.

The beaches located inside the base are also dirty, but not as much as those outside. The beach area along The Lighthouse was clean enough, but the waters are murky.

However, the beach area in Camayan is clean, waters are also clear. When I asked the resident dive master in Camayan, he told me that it was because of the water currents. Water current is at its strongest along the Camayan area, thus all debris plus garbage are deposited on the beaches further down shore.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    correct ka dyan sir, madumi yung mga beaches sa looban. it's a bay with very low tidal current flow so the water does not get flushed. sh!t goes a little on the way out then gets washed back to shore again. and it's not just flotsam and jetsam, lots and lots of toiletsam too! the last time i was in white rock resort was many decades ago, and even then it was already dirty. i am just wondering how they can justify their room rates today.

camayan beach is almost at the mouth of the bay already so the waters there get renewed every high and low tide.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

White Rock still pulls in a lot of people, lalo na pag summer ... Maybe first timers? ..

Nga pala additional info for the benefit of everybody.

Make sure the front seat passenger/s are wearing their safety belts. At one point my wife took off her belt (to adjust her dress), ayun ... nakita ni mamang enforcer. Buti nalang when I showed him my ID, napag bigyan. :D

Eagle eyes ang mga traffic enforcer ngayon sa loob.

Its a good thing that some intersections now have traffic lights. However, there are still intersections na wala, so please practice the first to stop, first to go procedure.

Before umuwi, customary pit stop muna sa MeatPlus for frozen steaks .....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I took the old Highway/OG Road - Dinalupihan exit - SCTEX - Subic last Monday to get to Anvaya. It's wide from San Fernando until Lubao then after Lubao there are still road widening going on with a short malubak portion near the Dinalupihan intersection. If you just wanna relax and enjoy the scenery then SCTEX is still the most convenient but in my case, i prefer the shorter route of taking it via the old road then enter SCTEX at Dinalupihan, especially during "off" hours.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Would it matter if I will be travelling on Nov 3 and 4? They're weekdays and medyo may holiday hangover pa.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast