New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    thanks for sharing bros!
    btw i thought rotation should be every 10k?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thanks for sharing bros!
    btw i thought rotation should be every 10k?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I remember from my toyota
    manual tire totation with spare every 5k. I guess consideration would be if you rarely use the car and ma una yung 6 years before you could evenly distribute yung wear tear with your spare tire. Sayang nman spare tire. Kung overused naman car medyo kakapagod nman yata rotate every other month.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You always put the new tires on the rear. Always.

-

If the old tires that you're not replacing are so old that they might "explode", then you don't want them on the car *at all*.

If the old tires don't have enough tread to evacuate water (4/32"), then you don't want them on the rear. Hydroplaning front tires are absolutely no problem. The car continues in a straight line until you pass the puddle. At which point you gain back steering and continue on your way.

Hydroplaning rear tires are a right pain in the ass... and if your hands aren't quick, the car is sideways before you blink. (I've been lucky when that's happened to me... my hands are quicker than my brain).

-

The ONLY time you leave the old tires on the rear is if they still have more than half-tread left. If they're anywhere close to 4/32 (slightly taller than the writing on the margin of a 5-peso coin), put them in front.

-

If you don't like doing it that way... rotate your tires often, so you won't have to replace your front tires too soon.
    How about for cargo trucks? Should the new tires be placed in front or at the rear?

I always put the new tires in front for our cargo trucks. I am thinking that there are more tires at the back, 4 or 8, than the front (2 only).
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    How about for cargo trucks? Should the new tires be placed in front or at the rear?

I always put the new tires in front for our cargo trucks. I am thinking that there are more tires at the back, 4 or 8, than the front (2 only).
    with all due respect..
    cargo trucks are lethal weapons when they skid and/or hydroplane. pag dumulas ang malaking trak, damay lahat!
    if i had any say in it, i would have them impounded if they so much as have one bald tire on them.
    my 98 centavos' worth..

but in a recent google i made, there was this ... that, in one paragraph about recommending new tires be put up front, delivered two conflicting ideas.. confusing..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 16th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    new tires: rear
    old ones: front

whether front-wheel drive or 4x4, you need the tires with better traction (i.e., new ones) on the rear of the vehicle

also, the older tires need to be replaced first so put them where they will wear faster

for technical explanation, go back to niky's post

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    If so, all the trucks in the metro would have been impounded. [emoji1]

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by saksidriver View Post
    If so, all the trucks in the metro would have been impounded. [emoji1]
    if the tires are bald..
    so who has the political will..?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    New tires front or rear - tire expert recommendation.

https://youtu.be/-mziDnY1cOU

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    about rotating tires. di ba pag nag rotate ka ng tires, yung nasa front eh malilipat sa likod? so dapat di ka pala nag rotate ng tires, kung susundin mo yung rear should always get the new tire.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    about rotating tires. di ba pag nag rotate ka ng tires, yung nasa front eh malilipat sa likod? so dapat di ka pala nag rotate ng tires, kung susundin mo yung rear should always get the new tire.
    errr...
    rotating tires is one thing.. replacing bald tires is another..
    the assumption is, the tires being rotated are all in good condition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast